Search results

1. Edrrt

Can I run two 20A ovens off a 80A circuit?

I am replacing a wall oven from the '60s and would like to put two appliances in the space. In the back I have wiring for two hots going back to twin 40 amp breakers in the main panel that are linked together and a neutral. There's no ground. Would it be somehow possible to run both appliances...
  2. Edrrt

Ok to ground to gate post instead of driving a rod? (pic)

Electrician ran a GFCI outlet into driveway gate control box to charge the 12V battery that runs the gate. As 120v is now in the metal enclosure it should be grounded. The soil is very rocky and I'm unsure if it will take a grounding rod. However the gate post right next to it is 5x5" steel set...
  3. Edrrt

Is this this main panel dangerous?

This connects to the meter above and feeds several breaker panels down stream for an entire ranch (house/ several barns/ pool/ pumps). Some of the legs in the barns are still fused/ knob/ tube. I intermittently lose one leg and traced it back to the main box shown. Noncontact voltage sensor...
  4. Edrrt

Overheating 1hp Goulds Pumps

In the summer the ambient temp gets over 100F. When it is hot our 20gpm Goulds Booster overheats when it is asked to run for several hours continously. The pump is new. Pump is asked to make 60 psi from.a 10k gallon tank... moving the volume if the tank in a day sometimes for itrigation and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks