Search results

1. Taylorjm

Morton salt crystal size

Wish I could help you but have you tried the salt blocks for a water softener? I think I've seen 50lb blocks instead of the crystals. I'm not sure if you are actually using crystals, or the pellets. I've only used the pellets for years and never had an issue. I could see if there are smaller...
  2. Taylorjm

Water softener (& size) vs Calcite to solve Manganese

So I will tell you what I did. Our water is very hard at 60 gpg, but we also had .089ppm of Manganese, and 4.16 PPM of iron. I installed a hydrogen peroxide pump and injector that activates with our well pump and is injected before the pressure tank. Then there's a catalytic carbon...
  3. Taylorjm

Water powered back up pumps

I would go with the Zoeller. I've installed a few liberty models and they work good, but are difficult to get set to the right height and take up a lot of room in the sump pit.
  4. Taylorjm

Choosing Between AS Champion 4 and Kohler Cimarron

I have the cimmaron and the elmbrook and I'm happy with both of them. Haven’t clogged up yet.
  5. Taylorjm

Reverse osmosis low pressure to refrigerator water dispenser

Install a permeate pump. It made a big difference with ours. No electricity needed. At least until I decided to build my own ro filter system using a procon pump to increase pressure on the membrane to about 110psi and set the outgoing pressure to 60psi. The only downside is the carbonator...
  6. Taylorjm

Uponor PEX issues - 5 leaks in 2 months. House built in 2015. Need advice.

Plumbers that use uphonor seem to be part of one big cult. Replacing leaking pipes and repiping with the same brand product? I mean, where else would that happen? I can't understand why anyone would keep using a product that has been known to leak and the company has been paying for...
  7. Taylorjm

Hydronic kickspace heater

I don’t think I follow you. The fin tubes use 3/4”. The kickspace heaters are 1/2”. I can’t just pipe in the kickspace heaters. I need the 180 deg water because this is a very large main floor zone and in northern Michigan it can get pretty cold. 180 is what they normally run at here. To put...
  8. Taylorjm

Hydronic kickspace heater

So we are going to be remodeling the kitchen and we have to remove about 15' of slant fin baseboard. I'm going to replace it with a hydronic kickspace heaters. I have two of them, one will put out about 3500btu and the other about 6000btu. Because of the new kitchen layout 2 would fit...
  9. Taylorjm

What size pex to add baseboard

I would use 1” pex in a heartbeat. I used a lot of it at my well and pressure tank, filters and softeners and it’s great, but I used the straight lengths, not the coiled. The oxygen barrier only comes in 5’ straight lengths instead of 10’ and not sure I want to put in a pex coupler to reach my...
  10. Taylorjm

Yeah. A couple places are right by a bundle of electrical and insulation, which is why I was looking at pex. I’ve seen the less expensive hydraulic manual propress tools online. Maybe I’ll go that route.
  11. Taylorjm

There's nothing wrong with the system, just want the bathroom to be on the main floor zone instead of the bedroom so the bathroom is warmer since we keep the bedrooms cooler to sleep. Maybe I'll just run copper and use a pro press to make things easier. I've never used a pro press but people...
  12. Taylorjm

All the piping is 3/4” copper throughout. I don’t think there are any calculations that need to be done. I think you are overcomplicating things. I have a 4’ baseboard that I want to move from the bedroom zone to the main floor zone. There is only one pump and zone valves. So all I needed to...
  13. Taylorjm

So I have hot water baseboard heat with three zones. The basement, bedrooms and main floor. The baseboard in the master bathroom is connected to the bedroom zone. We keep the bedrooms cooler for sleeping so I want to change that baseboard to the main floor zone otherwise the bathroom is...
  14. Taylorjm

Right Sized Pressure Tank?

I went with an 84 gallon pressure tank. Up from the stock 20 gallon that was in there. Made a huge difference in the amount of times the pump goes on and off, but then my tank fills up at 17 gpm.
  15. Taylorjm

RO System Slime Build up

Yeah you don't have enough prefilters before the ro filter. You need at least a 5 micron sediment filter then maybe a 1 micron before the ro. You shouldn't have a carbon filter before your ro, the carbon goes after the ro if at all.
  16. Taylorjm

Yellow Tinge and red particles in water - HOT water only

I actually just had the same issue except my water heater is an amtrol boilermate so it's heated by a coil inside the plastic lined tank that is fed by the boiler. So no burner, exhaust or anode rod to rust. I installed a peroxide injection system and backwashing carbon filter and noticed the...
  17. Taylorjm

Reverse direction of a submersible pump

The screen is actually the biggest issue. It gets clogged up quickly and is a pain to clean. I usually just end up removing the screen and take my chances with replacing a prop. But a quick reversal would be ideal.
  18. Taylorjm

Reverse direction of a submersible pump

At our lakefront property we use an underwater blower called an aquasweep. It’s a Franklin 120v submersible pump motor with a propeller on it and it’s mounted to our dock in a way that it pushes the surface of the water away from the swimming area to keep floating algae away. Is there any way...
  19. Taylorjm

Lennox Furnace Water Leak

That's close to the age ours is. Ours was the lennox signature series and I remember it was replaced free. That's all i remember.
  20. Taylorjm

Well pump pressure tank bad?

Like reach4 said, replace the tank. If you can fit a bigger one, then do that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks