Search results

1. Jeff Crayton

Low water pressure, on well

Sorry I didn’t wrap this up sooner! I replaced the entire hot & cold runs on this side of the house. There was some buildup in the pipes, but nothing significant. All new pex, and no change to the pressure! I pulled the kitchen sink faucet and dismantled the whole thing because I wanted to see...
  2. Jeff Crayton

To update... Tested flow at the softener, got a very rough measurement of about 3 gallons in 11 seconds. I replaced all steel from the tank to the hot/cold split. There was very little corrosion/lime scale in the lines. Also verified that their issue has been slowly getting worse over the last...
  3. Jeff Crayton

Don’t have a shot at the softener. Here’s at the tank before I replaced the tank. Beauty, eh? The valve at the top of the pic is the only metal left before the softener. (And ftr, leak's fixed!)
  4. Jeff Crayton

The only outside faucet has some mineral buildup, so it sprays and splatters when turned on. But I think maybe it’s got a little better flow than the faucets in the house. The split to the outside is right before the softener, so we’ll see when I disconnect it tomorrow. The farmhouse was in...
  5. Jeff Crayton

Thanks, Reach! No cartridge filter. Water softener, but I bypassed that and there was just the expected very minor change. Sorry if I wasn’t clear, hot and cold are both an issue. My point was that with one on full, turning on the other didn’t increase flow at all. I figure that means the...
  6. Jeff Crayton

Low whole-house water pressure, on a well. -Pressure tank replaced, tank charged to 38psi, no change. Switch is 40/60. -Replaced all steel piping between the pressure tank and the water softener. No change, and only slight build-up in the replaced pipes. -Bypassed the softener, no change...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks