Search results

1. rayge

Coating under enamel on cast iron tub

It does appear frosted but it almost appears brushed on. There are a few areas that have no coating. Most of the tub is coated, many areas coated more heavily than others. Those are the areas I attempted to remove so I could get to the shiny surface below.
  2. rayge

Recaulking shower. Need advice

I would not cover the weep holes as they are there for a purpose to let the water on that shower door flow out from wherever it's collecting . I can't see the caulk along the base of the door rail. Maybe it's clear? You at least need a bead of 100% silicon bath and shower caulk along the base...
  3. rayge

I have some old polishing compound I used for the car. I'll have to purchase a buffer wheel attachment for my drill, or I could just try a small area by hand. I also have rubbing compound. As I mentioned above I tried 60 grit sandpaper by hand to no avail, and I think that would be more...
  4. rayge

I just ordered this for about $8, and will attempt it before the wax https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RA5JEW Arrives in 2 days and will spray a section (with ventilation mask, gloves) and see what happens.
  5. rayge

OK, I will report back. I have various car waxes but not those. I did get several quotes for refinishing and they started at $800. Not much competition around these parts.
  6. rayge

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. American Standard actually sold tubs in this color then. It looks great to me, but maybe a previous owner had it done over in white at some point. When it is wet, that semi-white pasty looking coating practically disappears, but as it dries the haze is apparent...
  7. rayge

I guess I'm using the wrong terminology. It's confusing. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/steel-vs-cast-iron-bathtubs-95586.html https://homeguides.sfgate.com/paint-bathtub-enamel-paint-32879.html I took pics of the tub wet and then dry where you can see the residue. Timer magnet sticks so it's...
  8. rayge

The white enamel on my old cast iron tub was peeling and flaking so I removed it with citrustrip. Underneath that enamel the cast iron tub is sort of a slate blue/gray. I might eventually try to put on a 2 part epoxy enamel but right now I would like to use the tub as is. However there is some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks