Search results

1. Solsacre

Intermittant floor drain clog

Trying to catch it in the act may be a messy game... You said cleanout on main stack so I'm guessing it's inside, but if it's outside? is it lower than the floor drain inside? You may want to pull it so if it backs up it will go out it instead of inside... but more importantly it will tell you...
  2. Solsacre

Metric faucet hose to imperial shut-off

I've run into flare fittings on stops... but you shouldn't be finding it on new, "stand r dyzed" stuff. Look carefully at the fitting... was it slightly crushed in shipping causing it to look like an egg?... worth a shot, or maybe the tool that cut the threads wasn't sharp on that day and it is...
  3. Solsacre

Odor in basement bathroom

Codes are different in every state... You will be money ahead to have a local plumber over for a couple of hours.... and draw you a plan to fix your problems... This definitely sounds like a vent issue to me... and possibly an improper floor drain (is there water in it?). vent size typically...
  4. Solsacre

Fluidmaster Pro Series Fill valve

I like the old ones better... Only because of what they say about old dogs... I like the fact that they address the problem of the 1/100 chance of siphoning out the tank with the tube too low.... but you could easily modify the old one to solve the same problem..... too many plastic parts...
  5. Solsacre

Slip joint reliability and ferncos

I worked for a shop for 4 years that had a two year warranty. Cost was always an issue with our work and materials.... We didn't waist money on materials we didn't need... but we didn't waist time on Cheap, cheap, cheap parts... if the parts where of poor quality than we would be back repairing...
  6. Solsacre

Re- gluing ? re-melting PVC w/ PVC solvent

can't we all just get along? I've only had PVC "come apart" a couple of times.... It has been joints that won't glued. I have also seen PVC glued together with ABS glue.... It sounds like you've been doing this a while and would notice if the glue was black and not the right kind... but it...
  7. Solsacre

Bathroom Remodel - venting questions

be state exact. Oregon has one fixture, one vent per trap arm rule. Arkansa can have up to 6 p-traps on one trap-arm if sized right. so it may depend on which state you are in as far as how legal it is. but it don't look right to me at a glance. good luck dances-with-pumps
  8. Solsacre

Slip joint reliability and ferncos

What state does Rex's "bio" say he's from? wow that's not a legal install I don't know what else to say but wow different states have different codes. Oregon can use furnco's (or our state inspector didn't fight me) Arkansas allows me to put more than one trap on a trap arm.... so a...
  9. Solsacre

Toilet rough in dimension?

It's an AM standard I bet....
  10. Solsacre

Turn Shower Mixer 90 degrees - OK?

Same question :confused: this is a test right? as far as the weep hole.... if you apply a little bit of clear caulking we won't have any spray go into the wall.... I have understood that the weep hole is for condisation... is that right? DANCES-WITH-PUMps
  11. Solsacre

Which are the most efficient storage water heaters (gas)?

I've had mixed feelings about the tankless that I've installed...... You have'to "over size" the water heaters or the customer will be disapointed... anyone that skimps on the size will hate them.... you get what you pay for.... will you save enough on power to install cost:confused: ...
  12. Solsacre

It's a popular topic with no real answer..... which came first the chicken or the egg dances-with-pumps
  13. Solsacre

Shower head and valve location question

it's diffrent... but #1 will it work? YES will it look stupid???? is this your house? are you looking for resale value or are you living there for years? I've installed them that way and it worked... made sense to me. I don't know if it'll affect the sale. Functional...
  14. Solsacre

Tankless vs tank????? Crunch the #'s... the cost of install will be eaten up by cost of operation... They will cost about the same. Find out what your customer wants and deliver it ..... you won't do them wronge either way. dances-with-pumps
  15. Solsacre

faint tapping noise driving me insane!

It's hard to say to me it sounds like somthing expanding and contracting..... but I'm not there. look closely for any water damage that might indicate a leak. (if you have a crawl space) go underneath and look. Should you worry about it? how long have you lived in this house...
  16. Solsacre

New Challenge?

I give my mutt a bath once a week and he hates it.... any advive on how to get him in the mood? Yesterday I didn't want to take him for a walk.... It's raining... so I drive to the right place and out we go..... no out I go... he refused to get out of the Jeep..... the big baby... he held...
  17. Solsacre

Water heater implosion

Thanks for the info one of the water heaters had a PRV.... the other I could find no reason for it to be a closed system.....not to say it wasn't hiden in the wall.... the T&P should relieve the pressure.... but I shouldn't rely on it? OK I'll watch for this and correct when I...
  18. Solsacre

Plastic to Metal connection leak

If you have a metal pipe sticking out that you have a pvc P-trap attached to through slip nuts and fittings then look closely at the metal parts.... is it smooth?..... you have to look closely... do you think that the plastic part going to metal will hold water? If not you may need to replace...
  19. Solsacre

Tricky toilet leak question;

OKIt's best to replace the toilet based on what you've told me...... If I looked at it I might have a diffrent opinion.... It Might be a bad seal, be sure that the toilet is set on a solid base, with a new ring that is thick enough for good compression.... cracked toilet? replace...
  20. Solsacre

More Water Heater Problems

Remove the pressure from the water heater. dry around where you see dampness..... be very carful to notice where you find water.... he suspects that because a water heater that is 5-10? years old didn't leak in it's last life.... why should it leak now..... he thinks that it may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks