Search results

1. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

The bill does not say how much pipe was purchased.
  2. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

Yikes, sounds like quite a hole. Our issue has not been so much with cost, rather the value obtained for it.
  3. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

About 50' I believe. I don't know how much casing I'm trying to find that out now.
  4. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

I get that, however the first hole seem to be running dry before we shut the pump off. That's why my instincts said to drill quite a ways further to get clear away from that bad strata, and accumulate a larger reserve above the pump, but I am ignorant of how these things work. In my area...
  5. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

I'm speculating too, I was only present while the drill was operating on one occasion, the rig was set up on three weekends I was there, I saw no method to contain the drilling fluid, he had a water tank on a trailer draining into a tank on the ground and from there to the drill. The drilling...
  6. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

"You can't go back in an old well and make it work" Thanks again, heart sunk a little though... The stuff in the filter housing is definitely sand, anxious to get down there this weekend and see what difference 8 days of running makes. I hope Reach4 is right and the pumping solves it... I...
  7. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

Sorry if my frustration is showing through my terminology, yes we seem to have sufficient volume of water at this point, though it could change. It took some time before it went dry on the first go-around. The well is running now, and has been since friday, however it is in the care of...
  8. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

Thank you guys again for the information, it has been invaluable. We'll pursue those suggestions. What options do you guys suggest for filtration? It seems to me to be a pretty large volume of grit and dirt, and the filter that was installed was pretty small as seen in the picture. This...
  9. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

Thank you all for the responses. It was a Schramm unit that looked pretty much exactly like this: It had a big detroit diesel power unit that appeared to be connected to an air compressor. If that's not the ideal rig for this area he's going to be having problems all the way to bankruptcy...
  10. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

Thank you for your response. We will talk with the driller again. Like I said, I have no illusions that this is an easy process, and geology is an unknown, I am able to understand that quality and quantity of water is a crap shoot. It just strikes me wrong paying over a hundred bucks a foot...
  11. Clayton Stewart Rowland

My drill "watered out"

We had a well drilled and there has been much drama. We are in south east Missouri on our family farm dating back to 1905... These days it is a weekend place, and we had always stayed in the log cabin my grandfather built in 1932. Due to some unfortunate circumstances we found ourselves...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks