Search results

1. plaza500

Notches and holes in floor joist

Hey there folks I thought I had a leak in my ceiling, the plaster was cracking a bit, so today I took a knife to it can cut out a section to take a peek. Here is what I found - now there is nothing below this, it is my dining room. No support beam whatsoever and the nearest wall is probably...
  2. plaza500

wet vent into toilet line

hi there my toilet connects directly to the main 5" cast iron stack via a 3" ABS pipe about 30" long. my sink drains into a 1.5" ABS pipe that both vents to the attic and down where it wyes into the 3" pipe about 16" downstream from a toilet, and about 12" upstream from the main stack...
  3. plaza500

some questions

a few more questions: -if my bathtub drain pipe is 2" does the p trap off the tub need to be 2" or can it be 1.5". the vent is 1.5" does this matter? - can a toilet 4" waste pipe have a 90 degree bend in it laying horizontal and if so does it need to be a long sweeping one - when...
  4. plaza500

air locked radiator

the rad in my daughters room (hot water - 1950) keeps airlocking, her room is on the top floor, only two heaters on the top floor. the other one does not airlock. i have to bleed her heater every couple of days and soometimes she wakes up at 2 am and her room is cold and cries. how do i...
  5. plaza500

bathroom water supply and drainage Q's

I am re-doing my upstairs bathroom and have 2 questions. #1 The drain for the tub is a 10' run to the main stack through the floor cavity only - with a finished ceiling below and no vertical walls to go down, so it is a "low sloping drain" (but is still layed at a 1/4" per foot) it...
  6. plaza500

p trap under tub

can i put the p trap directly under the tub drain and wye the overflow into the drain, or do i have to put the p trap under the overflow and wye the drain into the overflow? i ask as space is realllly tight also what is the best way to vent a low sloping drain?
  7. plaza500

auger through the trap

how the hell do i get an auger through the p trap???
  8. plaza500

Screwed up the bathroom reno

i will explain as briefly as i can remodeled an old bathroom, top floor, directly over dining room - no walls available to run pipes. the main outside wall down below is a 15' wide french door/window combo added a bigger tub (used to have standard size), explanded bathroom into closet...
  9. plaza500

my tub screw-up

I bought a tub a year ago cause it was a good deal and i thought it would work. it was a drop in, and we just bought a house so i thought i would put in a shower and a bath separate. When it came time for the job to be designed, i didn't have the space. so i proceeded to do my best putting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks