Search results

1. plaza500

Notches and holes in floor joist

Hey there folks I thought I had a leak in my ceiling, the plaster was cracking a bit, so today I took a knife to it can cut out a section to take a peek. Here is what I found - now there is nothing below this, it is my dining room. No support beam whatsoever and the nearest wall is probably...
  2. plaza500

wet vent into toilet line

hmmmm........ i'll keep an eye on it. it would be a PITA to rip up
  3. plaza500

hmmm.... now the toilet is only a short distance of like i said 30 inches or so, and that goes right into the main stack. the main stack vents right above where the toilet goes in as the house is a cape cod and the roof line is low - the bathroom is a shed dormer. the sink is about a 5' run...
  4. plaza500

hmmm i installed it as you drew on the right, however the part of the line you say to run 2" i only ran 1.5" will this cause issues?
  5. plaza500

okay thanks - however there is no vent off the toilet line, i thought since it was only about 2.5 feet from the toilet to the main stack that it didn;t need to be vented?
  6. plaza500

hi there my toilet connects directly to the main 5" cast iron stack via a 3" ABS pipe about 30" long. my sink drains into a 1.5" ABS pipe that both vents to the attic and down where it wyes into the 3" pipe about 16" downstream from a toilet, and about 12" upstream from the main stack...
  7. plaza500

some questions

Excellent - thank you Regarding the 135 degrees in a toilet. Off the toilet it hits a 90 then another 90 a few feet away straight into the main stack where it drops Does the first 90 at the floor count? Does the last at the stack? Or only the one in the middle? Cheers
  8. plaza500

some questions

a few more questions: -if my bathtub drain pipe is 2" does the p trap off the tub need to be 2" or can it be 1.5". the vent is 1.5" does this matter? - can a toilet 4" waste pipe have a 90 degree bend in it laying horizontal and if so does it need to be a long sweeping one - when...
  9. plaza500

air locked radiator

would draining the expansion tank help?
  10. plaza500

bathroom water supply and drainage Q's

a few more questions: -if my bathtub drain pipe is 2" does the p trap off the tub need to be 2" or can it be 1.5". the vent is 1.5" does this matter? - can a toilet 4" waste pipe have a 90 degree bend in it laying horizontal and if so does it need to be a long sweeping one - when...
  11. plaza500

air locked radiator

hmm.. will get that changed. on a side note, there is what seems to be an overflow tube off the furnace that has a bucket under it and most times it is empty, but then i will go downstairs and see the cat drinking out of it and find the bucket full. could this be related? i don;t know...
  12. plaza500

air locked radiator

hmmm... just checked and i'm currently running at 29 (unless the guage is off - it is cracked and yellowed) don"t really want to increase it from there though
  13. plaza500

air locked radiator

the rad in my daughters room (hot water - 1950) keeps airlocking, her room is on the top floor, only two heaters on the top floor. the other one does not airlock. i have to bleed her heater every couple of days and soometimes she wakes up at 2 am and her room is cold and cries. how do i...
  14. plaza500

DWV well, i had this initally. the P trap off the tub ran staight into the sloping drain. the vent was T'd off the sloping drain it ran up. if you search my older posts you can see i have ben having drainiage issues with this tub for a while. the drain runs 8' to the 90 where there was a...
  15. plaza500

okay so i get you - but i have no clue as to why my tub takes so friggin long to drain. you can hear the water gurgle and fill up the long sloping pipe here's the thing thbough - the long 8' pipe is ABS but at the elbow/90 degree it turns into 1.5" cast iron, which runs the 2' to the main...
  16. plaza500

I am re-doing my upstairs bathroom and have 2 questions. #1 The drain for the tub is a 10' run to the main stack through the floor cavity only - with a finished ceiling below and no vertical walls to go down, so it is a "low sloping drain" (but is still layed at a 1/4" per foot) it...
  17. plaza500

Screwed up the bathroom reno

i think that was exacxtly it, i think when i installed the p trap initially two things were wrong, one as you mentioned, the p trap pushed the pipe down a 1/4 inch, enough to allow the sink to flow in to the tub, and to screw up the drain. also, the way i had the trap routed from the overflow...
  18. plaza500

Screwed up the bathroom reno

really? i just make it a habit to put teflon tape on any threaded joint when i am plumbing
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks