Search results

1. redbeard

Could a 90 degree gentle bend reduce btu/hr flow by 25% in a natural gas connector?

Hello, I want to connect a new appliance to my gas supply. I got a 48 inch Brasscraft 3/8 flexible connector that is rated at 28500 btu/hr (I assume rating is for a straight connector with no bends). Once installed, the cable will have a gentle (bowling ball size) 90 degree turn...
  2. redbeard

Black iron plug used in bronze shower valve. Help cleaning threads/plugging hole.

Hello all, I’m trying to fix an issue on a new (to us) home. The previous owner (or less likely his plumber) plugged the tub portion of a shower valve with what appears to have been a black iron pipe plug. As you can imagine, the plug corroded badly, and began to leak. Good news – I caught...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks