Search results

1. redbeard

Could a 90 degree gentle bend reduce btu/hr flow by 25% in a natural gas connector?

Thanks, I was hoping the answer was toward that end. I'd read some posts that mentioned turns could reduce flow but no amounts were given. My appliance uses around 16000 and I wanted to make sure it receives enough flow. Thanks again.
  2. redbeard

Could a 90 degree gentle bend reduce btu/hr flow by 25% in a natural gas connector?

Hello, I want to connect a new appliance to my gas supply. I got a 48 inch Brasscraft 3/8 flexible connector that is rated at 28500 btu/hr (I assume rating is for a straight connector with no bends). Once installed, the cable will have a gentle (bowling ball size) 90 degree turn...
  3. redbeard

Black iron plug used in bronze shower valve. Help cleaning threads/plugging hole.

Thanks for the idea dj2. The fasteners for the valve were inaccessible from the backside but, having just now inspected the hole again, I now see that I could have removed the blocking. Doh. That never even occurred to me. I would definitely have used your method had I known. I work a fair...
  4. redbeard

Black iron plug used in bronze shower valve. Help cleaning threads/plugging hole.

Just wanted to close the loop on this one. After many hours (+20?) of picking at the threads, I finally cleaned them well enough. The brass plug went in well and no leaks for two days. Thanks again for all the replies.
  5. redbeard

Thanks for tips. I think I'll continue picking at threads and use a brass fitting. I'll report back when done. Thanks for help.
  6. redbeard

Thanks for the reply reach4. I've been using a steel dental pick for about a week now. Great tool to clean threads, but I need to move slow because the steel can scratch the brass. I tried a brass pick but it was too soft for the iron. I soak the threads in vinegar for a few hours then use...
  7. redbeard

Thanks for the reply. Too bad on the putty. It would have saved lots of time. I imagine, there is not enough room on the fitting to solder a cap on the fitting either. Right now, I only have access to the back of the valve via a hole I made in the plasterboard in the room that is next to the...
  8. redbeard

Hello all, I’m trying to fix an issue on a new (to us) home. The previous owner (or less likely his plumber) plugged the tub portion of a shower valve with what appears to have been a black iron pipe plug. As you can imagine, the plug corroded badly, and began to leak. Good news – I caught...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks