Search results

1. compddd

Does scale still occur even with a water softener?

I descaled my electric kettle after we had our new water softener installed thinking I would never need to do it again, but now a couple months later the bottom inside of the kettle looks like this. I’ve tested with Hach 5B multiple times and it turns blue with 0 drops.
  2. compddd

Question about pressure gauge

We have a pressure regulator and an expansion tank as well as a water softener for our house, when I check the pressure on the cold line on the utility sink in the garage with a Watts pressure gauge, the black needle reads 60 PSI every time, but the red hand goes to 120-180. When I check the...
  3. compddd

Should my soft water always feel slippery?

I have a new Fleck 5810 system that came with the H set to 20 and ran it at that setting for two days and the water always felt slippery between my fingers. I bought a Hatch test kit and tested the water before the softener and it took 11 drops to turn it blue so I changed H to 14 and now the...
  4. compddd

Best way to find out water hardness when on city water?

Hi All What's the best way to find out water hardness when on city water? Can I call the city and they will tell me? Or do I need to buy a test kit and figure it out that way? Thank you all Comp
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks