Search results

1. SpencerV

Vent to horizontal drain

Which is the correct way to connect a vertical vent pipe into a horizontal drain. Option 1. Sanitary T Option 2. Combo Wye I would much rather use the sanitary T if there is nothing in the IPC to prevent it.
  2. SpencerV

Vent questions

Thank you for the reply, but it didn't really answer the questions I have. I created a picture to better show what I'm considering. The sink is on the left and is already vented via a 1 1/2 inch pipe. You can see the existing toilet vent running horizontally and not connected to anything.
  3. SpencerV

Vent questions

I removed a shower which was connected to the vent and then the water closet. My initial plan was just to remove the shower drain and reconnect the vent. But that makes the vent horizontal for 4-5 feet. Is that allowed? My reading of the code IPC is that it is not. I think I have two...
  4. SpencerV

Does this drain connection work.

I'm getting to the point where I'm putting stuff together instead of taking it a part. So I'm wondering if anyone has any comments on this planned drain connection. I have not glued it yet. It is a horizontal line connecting to another horizontal line but a few inches lower.
  5. SpencerV

Best way to vent new shower.

I'm adding a shower to my bathroom and I would like to get some advice on how to tie into the drain and vent. There is also a 3 inch line below the shower that leads to a vent and then a toilet. If I connect to that line does it count as vented?