Search results

1. Steve Calif

Is Noise a Serious Problem with Powered Direct Vent Water Heaters?

Thanks. You raised a good question -- does the HTP Phoenix require a dedicated breaker? Or can I plug it into the 110 VAC outlet that the furnace uses? I talked to two local mechanical companies today. Both are willing to do the install on a T&M basis. They are familiar with other PDV water...
  2. Steve Calif

Thanks, Dana. That's a good report and insightful. I agree that west of the Rockies latent heat is not going to be a big contributor. We just don't have that much humidity and certainly don't need a dehumidifier in the house. In the cold winter months, RH already drops to very low levels in a...
  3. Steve Calif

My utility room is about 8 ft deep x 3.5 ft wide x 10 ft tall, so not enough volume for a heat pump unit. I find the heat pump concept somewhat comical. The heat is coming from the room heat which, in winter, is provided by your house heating system. In the summer, in an air conditioned house...
  4. Steve Calif

I have read several reader comments on this site and others that current Powered Direct Vent water heaters have 1) loud exhaust fans and 2) burner combustion "rumble" (low pitched rumbling noise). Many people are shocked to hear these noises in their very expensive water heaters. I'm looking at...