Search results

1. BillyBobjcv

Pentair w/ 5600 Econominder - Settings for Very Hard Water

I just want to follow-up in case any other homeowner ever has this problem. I solved my issues with the Econominder - and it was the silliest of all possible things: The handyman/contractor that installed my softener failed to plug-in the little cable that runs from the control head to the...
  2. BillyBobjcv

My system is inside my garage, and I live on the coast of California. Annual temperature swings from ~50 deg F to ~90 deg F, with the vast majority of the year being between 60 deg F and 80 deg F. Yeah I know, I'm really not trying to rub it in!
  3. BillyBobjcv

Thank you! The really sad part is that the contractor (that was doing a bunch of small repair/maintenance on our newly purchased home) that installed this unit had good intentions - but he jumped the gun and purchased the unit from a wholesaler before giving me a chance to confirm the model and...
  4. BillyBobjcv

I just found a label on the back of the resin tank that says "Clack" and "Size: 1047", which from google seems to mean 10"x47", correct? That's pretty close to my own rough measurements. This page: http://www.santaclaritawaterconditioning.com/resourcecenter/PDF/clack_mineral_tanks_2904.pdf...
  5. BillyBobjcv

Thank you! There are 2 of us in the house. Printed on the dial it says "32K CAP." Does that sound right? It is a weird story how we ended up with a 5600 EM instead of the SXT - let's just say that this wasn't my idea, but now I'm stuck with it. Part of that story is also why I need to set...
  6. BillyBobjcv

I have a 5600 EM and I'm having some trouble understanding what to use for the correct settings. My city water report has two lines that seem to apply "Hardness" in ppm and "Total Dissolved Solids" in ppm. I sort of understand the difference, but which is the more appropriate line to use for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks