Search results

1. Mike77

Here is an easier way to clean the elements

It only costs $1.92 for a bottle of white vinegar. You can't replace tankless water heater elements for $1.92.
  2. Mike77

Does anyone else like this method? Does anyone have any comments? You don't have to buy a pump and recirculate vinegar, you get the heating elements a lot cleaner, it's a lot quicker, and you can see how clean you get the heating elements.
  3. Mike77

Here is an easier way to clean the elements. Just remove them and scrub them with white vinegar.
  4. Mike77

Is this water pump is short cycling?

I think I found the reason for the water logging. I drained the pressure tank and refilled it. Then I sprayed soapy water all over it. There are bubbles coming out of the threaded plug on the very top of the tank. So I am going to remove it and put teflon paste on the threads and put it back in...
  5. Mike77

Air Volume Control

Now about an air control valve is this right? When the water rises and lifts the float the air control valve quits letting air out so if I move the air control valve to the lower fitting I should get more air in the tank?
  6. Mike77

Air Volume Control

I guess I won't have to pull the drop pipe. I think I found the reason for the water logging. I drained the pressure tank and refilled it. Then I sprayed soapy water all over it. There are bubbles coming out of the threaded plug on the very top of the tank. So I am going to remove it and put...
  7. Mike77

What should I change for diaphragm pressure tank?

I think I found the reason for the water logging. I drained the pressure tank and refilled it. Then I sprayed soapy water all over it. There are bubbles coming out of the threaded plug on the very top of the tank. So I am going to remove it and put teflon paste on the threads and put it back...
  8. Mike77

Reach4, I ran the test you suggested twice. I have neither a water softener nor a water filter. With the pump shut off and pressured up to 55 psi, with a hose coming out of my water valve by the pump I can only get out one gallon and one half of water before the pressure drops to 25 psi and the...
  9. Mike77

Thanks Cary, you must be a genius to have figured out that restricting the flow to a submerged well pump reduces the amps the pump draws. Do you have any documentation of this? It seems to me that restricting the flow would make the motor draw more amps and over pressure the drop pipe?
  10. Mike77

OK Cary, could I use my 80 gallon pressure tank in a similar manner with you CSV system?
  11. Mike77

Reach4, The photo on the left looks like a CSV hooked up to a large pressure tank.
  12. Mike77

Thanks Reach4, yes I have a Flex-Lite fiberglass tank with a top port. Cary, does the CSV have any electronic or electric controls besides the pressure switch? It must have an electronic controller to reduce the amperage going to the pump like it shows in the video but on the webpage here...
  13. Mike77

Reach4, by next winter I wold be building a shed around it, insulate it, and have a heat lamp I could turn. We haven't had a hard freeze here (10 miles North of Woodville, TX) yet this winter but we did last winter. During a hard freeze I drain everything and do without water for a few days even...
  14. Mike77

OK thanks Cary, I probably will order a cycle stop system from you. I sure don't want to buy another pump. Would the CSV have any electronic or electric controls besides the pressure switch? Could I keep my 80 gallon pressure tank without a diaphragm so I could drain water from it during a power...
  15. Mike77

Air Volume Control

I better pull the pipe and look at the weep hole when I can get some helpers. How much do you suppose 200 feet of pvc with water and the 1 hp pump weighs?
  16. Mike77

Thanks Reach4, but I was told that you only add air to a bladder tank never to the snifter valve on a tank without a bladder because the pump has to add air through the snifter valve every pump cycle since the previous air charge is used up.
  17. Mike77

Air Volume Control

So the brass piece with the pressure switch and the snifter valve also has a check valve in it. Thank you very much Reach4.
  18. Mike77

Thank you for the information Cary, the well driller said that my well pump had a good run time. The well driller drilled my well about 2 and 1/2 years ago and put in the system for $7,000 but it took me 2 years to build my house and move in so I have only been using the well for about 6...
  19. Mike77

Air Volume Control

Thanks for the information Cary, but my system has a pressure tank without a diaphragm and I don't see a check valve anywhere.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks