Search results

1. Mary Ann Wessel

Eaton Dual-Purpose breaker keeps tripping

Update - the electrician was finally able to make it out yesterday. He changed out the breaker and that seems to have been the issue. The breaker has not tripped in over 18 hours (or best before was 7 hours) so we're very optimistic. Hopefully I won't be back with another update later. LOL...
  2. Mary Ann Wessel

A quick question - will a breaker "lose" its error code if it sits in the tripped position for a couple of hours??? I looked at the instructions for the breaker and it says "Turn ON tripped breaker. The breaker will display a blinking LED." The last two nights the breaker has tripped but I've...
  3. Mary Ann Wessel

That was the very first thing I thought of since we had that happen at our old house. But no - the outside lights and receptacles are on a different circuit. I thought a log would be helpful as well.
  4. Mary Ann Wessel

Thanks for all of the input. It is all appreciated and VERY helpful. This has been an interesting journey....that I don't think is close to being resolved. LOL Someone asked about the breakers. They are the Eaton Dual Function (c/AFCI and GFCI) breakers. Someone also mentioned the error...
  5. Mary Ann Wessel

Thanks for all of the ideas. I think I'll start tomorrow and look for loose switches and or any wires that might be causing an issue. I did a mini-test today and tried one switch (can lights)for four hours. The breaker did not trip. Then I added another switch (pendants) and left them both...
  6. Mary Ann Wessel

Thanks Stuff. One time the error code showed "ground fault" (five blinks) and other times it's shown nothing. Not sure what to think. If it's truly a ground fault, what pre-troubleshooting can I do before the electrician is called again? As I said - we never use the 2 outlets that are in...
  7. Mary Ann Wessel

We built a new house three years ago. Everything has worked great. Last week, one of our Eaton breakers tripped. I tried to reset it but it tripped immediately. This circuit has some kitchen lights and some outlets that we never use. I called an electrician and he was able to get the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks