Search results

1. jpass

Mysterious plumbing issue has everyone baffled, and me going broke

So its a small building with 3 apartments, which I rent out. Upstairs is whole floor, and two little efficiency apartments downstairs. The income from it is not large, and sadly right now with the Pandemic, its all the income I have. Once upon a time, there was a bush planted out front. That...
  2. jpass

Extreme Tape?

This nut? https://i.imgur.com/9uvXLP3.png I have heard of winding plumbers tape around the shaft instead. Is this what you mean by AKA valve stem packing
  3. jpass

Extreme Tape?

Selling an old house and it has a small drip in the basement, nothing major. The buyer wants the house insured 'leak free' before closing. It is dripping from a shutoff valve on a galvanized pipe, which transitions to CPVC and goes on to a downstairs bathroom. Someone has already wrapped it...
  4. jpass

Prepping for the unthinkable: -13'F and no heat!

I've got the oil filled electric heaters running now, two in the basement, one in the bathroom 1st level, one in the 2nd level bath. I'm just concerned as -13'F is pretty damn cold. Will that be enough, especially with all the radiators and pipes full of water? I wondered if shutting the water...
  5. jpass

Prepping for the unthinkable: -13'F and no heat!

Inherited a GV90+ "WeilMcClain" gas fired boiler with a house I bought a couple months ago. The thing is fairly new, but I'm very unhappy with it- extremely complicated, manual reads like a surgeons guide. I've also been told that replacement parts are incredibly.... sometimes almost mind...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks