Search results

1. Markon

Dryer Intermittent No Heat - Dryer or Breaker?

Just an update on this dryer vs breaker issue. I was finally able to get the handyman over while the dryer wasn't working. It turned out that the breaker was moved out of position just a tiny bit. All this time, it looked like it was still switched on to me. But I guess that tiny bit was enough...
  2. Markon

Thanks for the great response Afjes. The latest maintenance guy is alot more qualified than the guy they sent out before him. And he seems more sympathetic to my cause. So I think I'm okay. I'll update whenever it gets figured out.
  3. Markon

Thanks Filter30. The lint screen is cleaned every load. It picks up alot. The hose was connected and clear. Thanks Afjes. I definitely wasn't planning on attempting any of this myself. I just wanted a little knowledge on the situation because the first guy they sent over a few months ago...
  4. Markon

I have an odd situation. I'm renting here and the dryer fails to produce heat about 1 in 5 times I run it. The first time it happened, the complex sent their handyman. The report mentioned something about flipping the breaker to remedy the problem. So ever since then, when it happens, I flip the...
  5. Markon

Sewer backup situation in condo townhouse

The owner of my unit finally got someone out here with a camera. It turns out that there is a root pushing the pipe down from above in a certain spot. The root is from some hedges right in front of the unit, in some soft dirt. I could actually reach down and touch the pipe if I wanted, so the...
  6. Markon

After some more convincing, I finally did get a call from property manager, saying the owner agreed to send out a plumber next week with a camera. It's funny, they want my neighbor and I to clam up and not say a word about what is wrong, and see if the plumber finds the same problem. Not a...
  7. Markon

This is getting interesting. The responsibility for the sewer lines is on the condo owners here and the owner of my unit doesn't want to pony up for their half of the repairs. I don't want to make this about the legal side of this. My question is what would be the best way to come up with...
  8. Markon

Thank Jim. Yeah this could get fun.
  9. Markon

Thanks for the tips jadnashua. I appreciate it. The good news for me is that I rent here and I'm basically turning it over to my landlord's property manager now that we know it's real damage, not just "maintenance". The county did come out here today and said basically what you said about them...
  10. Markon

Yeah that's my bad. I assumed it had to be caulk that sealed it. I'm just thankful the guy that replaced the toilet here did it right. Cause that could have been me with sewage flooding the apartment. It's funny, these cameras are like aliens. I would have never believed they existed until I...
  11. Markon

Just an update on my situation here. Roto Rooter came out with a camera. They had to get a guy to drive out from Orlando, about an hour+. We watched his screen as the camera went down. He came to a dip in the pipe where waste was pooling. He said the dip is not part of the design, it either...
  12. Markon

Hi, I'm in a complex of condo townhouses, sharing a sewer line with my neighbor (our lines Y together, no septic tank). Two weeks ago, her shower backed up with sewage, ruined her beautiful wood floors. Nothing backed up on my side at the time. My neighbor called a plumber and he wouldn't snake...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks