Search results

1. Sherlock555

A failed inspection? And bad smell!

Well I guess that's where our wires got crossed. I was told before we came back home, inspections would be done and passed. But...they were done and failed. I called the building inspector who told the plumbing inspector who told me the contractor lied to me! So the plumbing inspector said he'd...
  2. Sherlock555

I'm not sure where the confusion is, not to be disrespful and sorry if my response comes across that way. But it wasn't about getting him to come back. It's required. Once a building permit is obtained, that company is responsible for making sure work is up to code. There's no way around it...
  3. Sherlock555

Well thank you! You come across that way yourself. I have never assumed I knew much about plumbing or I wouldn't of asked the 2 questions I asked. But when someone talks to me in a condescending way when all I said is why should I pay for a plumber or general contractor come to my home at my...
  4. Sherlock555

Actually the plumbing inspector was here today along with the preferred vendor's plumber. They have to fix what failed. And trust me when I say I'm the wrong person to puss down my back and tell me it's raining! I'm not stupid and know my options to get stuff done. Including for work I don't and...
  5. Sherlock555

Sometimes you need to persevere to get what you deserve. And I'll wait for inspectors to call the shots. You have no idea what they have put us through including my mother at age 85!
  6. Sherlock555

Maybe you need to learn a few things. One being if you have someone else mess around with your work it voids the warranty of three years on any work the contractor or subs have done. It's their responsibility to fix the problems they created. It's failed the building and plumbing inspection and...
  7. Sherlock555

The plumbing inspector is coming tm to see what the stench might be.
  8. Sherlock555

Well I talked to the plumbing inspector who failed the inspection and he's coming tm. He also told me it failed building inspection. Also that the contractor lied to me about not knowing it failed!
  9. Sherlock555

Trust me I have. They've closed my claim and prefer me to deal with the contractor but will relay my issues to them. They've also been payed. They had to rebuild a 9'x22' addition. It took them 8 months and although we just got back into our home a week ago, there's still "deficiencies" that...
  10. Sherlock555

They installed towel rings that touched each other
  11. Sherlock555

Why should I have to pay for a plumber when they've already been paid to do the job? How they've managed to be a preferred vendor is beyond me. The hot and cold water pipes are backwards...hot on the right and cold on the left. I can't afford to have an actual professional to fix all of their...
  12. Sherlock555

Well my thought is for the toilet...because a toilet must have one don't they?
  13. Sherlock555

Well the inspector said it was. But there's a window that's above the addition and maybe that's why they put it so high. It's a guess, but 4' high is that high for what reason??
  14. Sherlock555

Hi, I had a new build of our addition consisting of 4pc bathroom and laundry room that was damaged from a weather event. We used our insurance provider's preferred vendor.( nightmare btw) we just got back into our home a week ago. Whenever we do laundry and/or shower, we gave a bad odor in those...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks