Search results

1. Jerseyguy82

Help with Softener Settings for 0.75 CUFT System

I am not sure since the softener came with the house, but it was running for 2 years on the original resin and settings. I had wanted to use 10% but had trouble finding it so I settle for 8% to get the job done. Hoping to have a carbon filter pre-softener installed soon to help extend the...
  2. Jerseyguy82

Thank you! That makes sense. The settings are so far off, I think it may have caused the original resin to fail.
  3. Jerseyguy82

Recently my softener stopped flowing and we lost a lot of water pressure. I decided to replace the resin and in the process began to really appreciate what a smart device a water softener is. After a lot of research and struggle I was able to rebed the tank with fresh resin and gravel, and the...
  4. Jerseyguy82

Cleaning bottom distributor of resin bits?

After checking the resin tank is actually only 8x36 inches! The brine tank is 21.5x12x36 inches (half of that volume is taken up by the resin tank, which sits inside the brine tank). Really annoying design. The system worked well for 1-2 people which is all that ever live in this residence...
  5. Jerseyguy82

Yes the manual states it takes only 0.75cuft of resin. Thanks again Dittohead much appreciate your advice.
  6. Jerseyguy82

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. The resin tank did contain gravel. Maybe that explains why it was full of resin right up to the top of the tank. Now that the tank is empty, can anyone advise if it is better to use a more modern bottom basket and no gravel? Or should I put in new gravel when I...
  7. Jerseyguy82

Would you recommend a fleck high flow 40922? This is a smaller tank, 8x44", doubtful it has gravel but I haven't rebedded it yet.
  8. Jerseyguy82

Thanks much . I did wash it with a hose on the exterior of the basket and also through the tube. I will try to wash it out again and maybe attempt to clean the slots with a gentle brush. Dittohead thanks a lot for the information about the basket and its model #. If all else fails I will...
  9. Jerseyguy82

Hi, new to this forum but have been using a lot of the information here as I have been servicing my water softener. There are many grains of resin caught in my bottom distributor. I am hoping someone can tell me a way to remove these without damaging the distributor. I believe the resin was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks