Search results

1. Code0

Convert draft vent WH to power vent?

I had my water heater replaced last December with a Ruud PH2-40PF (the old one finally got a leak). I replaced my furnace and A/C about a month ago - the A/C died and the furnace was about 30 years old. Anyway, the new furnace is a 95% direct vent model and all I have on the current chimney...
  2. Code0

Need a sump pump opinion

Both *could* run at the same time. The front pump sees the most action. The back one is usually dry... What about running up to the ceiling right away out of each pump vs along the floor from front pump to back pump then up..?
  3. Code0

Need a sump pump opinion

I know being plumbed to the septic is bad.. I didn't do that - one of the previous owners did. I'm just trying to figure out how to run the pipes. I plan on ejecting out the back of the house and down the hill - away from the septic system. As far as the front pump, I can't send it outside in...
  4. Code0

Need a sump pump opinion

I'm replumbing both of my sumps. They are both plumbed with 1 1/4" hose from the front to the back, then to the stack (it drains into the septic). I'm doing this work since it drains into the septic and because the hose from the back pump to the stack leaks. I want both pumps discharging on a...
  5. Code0

Ack! Leach field failure?

Here's an update... The puddle has gone down. Don't have any pictures of it, but it seems better - we'll just wait. I talked to the local sanitarian. I work for the county and thought it would be best to mention the puddle before a complaint was made or he saw it. Either way, he told me...
  6. Code0

Fun.. I actually live in a rural community (~50 houses, I think). I sit on half an acre, but the yard is deep rather than wide. My lot is about 100ft wide and 260ft deep. The second photo shows a red bench and bush in it - that is the property line on the east side.. One other thing - what...
  7. Code0

Well, bought a house back in August that was just outside of city limits and has a septic system. I found out at that time that the tank was a new 1000gal tank (round concrete) that has a surface access. The rest was unknown at time of sale, but I did have a pumper take a look at it and things...
  8. Code0

no vents for a septic system

Believe me, my own house didn't have any vents except for an AAV that was lower than all of the first floor drains. Got replaced this weekend with all PVC. The odd thing is that there was a 1.5" pipe up to the roof for venting that was abandoned. Not clogged or anything else. Strange what people...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks