Search results

1. Clydesdale6

Can advise me on how to refill neutralizer- calcite and flo mag

I bought the 12x40 and wonder if I can actually crush it up a bit then weight it out and add it. This will be a new experience. But, nobody I called really new the difference and said both sizes could be used. But, from what I saw, most used the 6x16. I just could not find any locally.
  2. Clydesdale6

The place that I found sells the Corosex, but it is the 12x40 mesh size. Is this a bad idea? How different is this from the 6x16? Thanks.
  3. Clydesdale6

I found a place I can my corosex/flomag, but it comes as 6x16 and 12x40. What do I want? The place I was going to order from had 12x40. Thanks.
  4. Clydesdale6

Yes. Thanks to the help of all of you, when I purchased the tank, I made sure it had a port.
  5. Clydesdale6

Upon a quick google search, it looks like 80/20 calcite to flomag is common. I have a backwashing neutralizer. Any thoughts or advice. I would like to avoid a costly service call, if I can just add the media myself. Thanks.
  6. Clydesdale6

I have a 1.5 neutralizer and the media is about 1/2 way down on the tank. My notes show it was originally filled with calcite and flo mag. Do I add 50/50 or is there a different ratio? Do I just unscrew port and add? Thanks.
  7. Clydesdale6

I need a new A/C or heat pump with a hyrdronic air handler - OxBox any good? Suggestions?

My a/c condenser quit and I am considering upgrading to a heat pump. It is a 4 ton unit. My hot water boiler guy, who I really like, said he can install an OxBox system. I had never heard of it, but apparently it is made by Trane. I have a Trane unit at another location and have been very...
  8. Clydesdale6

I could use some help with broken tub overflow screws- second set of holes?

Despite, tapping on the screws, trying to gently work them both forward and backward, I snapped both of the rusted screws. I have read several posts of hit or miss drilling out of the screws. I live in the rusty north east, so I am familiar with this on outdoor equipment and cars. I am not so...
  9. Clydesdale6

Iron testing and what are the effects of iron on my softener and neutralizer

BTW, I checked pH again and it is still 8.4 and iron looked the same color at the well. The water at the tap was clear in color when testing iron. Thanks again.
  10. Clydesdale6

Oops, sorry. I meant a little over a 1/2 cup. Thanks for catching that.
  11. Clydesdale6

Lol, I like the Duff example. So, the Rescare gallon says 1/2 cup per cubic foot of resin. I found a chart that shows 1.25 cubic feet of resin for my 1048 tank. So, a little over a cup and half ought to do it, correct?
  12. Clydesdale6

Great info guys, thanks. Reach 4, can you clarify the funnel and tube idea? My inclination is to just pour the maintenance dose down the brine well and skip the dispenser. The dispenser just pours it down the brine well slowly, correct? So, it doesn't accommodate for any safety float, correct?
  13. Clydesdale6

I ordered 1 gallon of rescare for $14.28 and free shipping off of Amazon. No Menards here, but thank you. I am just not sure how to add this yet. The directions say to add 4 oz to the salt tank or brine well when the salt is low, or use their dribble dispenser. So, if I want to skip the...
  14. Clydesdale6

ok. So, maybe I have to look into adding the Rescare dispenser. Otherwise, I don't think I will keep track of exactly when this thing is going to regen. It is based on water usage. The dispenser just drips it in and you forget it. But, to clarify, you would keep adding the citric acid in...
  15. Clydesdale6

ok Great. How often would you recommend the cleaning with "iron out" ? I will stick with the citric acid that you recommended. I got it right from Amazon, as you suggested. It was a good deal. Thanks again for that link.
  16. Clydesdale6

OK. Thank you. It looks like 1ppm = 1mg/l . If I am in the moderate zone at 1.2-1.4 mg/l, how often would you recommend I put in iron out or rescare? I am going to use the citric acid between salt bags. Thanks again.
  17. Clydesdale6

So, when would you have a low iron, moderate iron and high iron issue? So, at 1.2-1.4 where am I on the spectrum. Minor issue, mod, or major issue? Thanks.
  18. Clydesdale6

I did not have any iron bacteria that settle at the bottom of a glass after two days. Knowing that my iron is 1.2-1.4, what does this mean? Is this considered a minor amount or is it worse than that. The company that I did NOT hire did not make it out to be a big deal and the company I did...
  19. Clydesdale6

You guys are a huge help. I understand the point about reading the color wheel. Thanks. My readings are definitely a light peach color, not orange. I know my guy used corosex when he first set it up. I will take a sample after a shower or some use. When I took it this morning, there had...
  20. Clydesdale6

ok. Thanks everyone. I will fill a glass with raw water and leave it overnight. I don't fully understand the wheel. It seems like the more iron you have, the more orange and less peach the color becomes. However, the wheels seem to then go from increasing orange to all of a sudden the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks