Search results

1. JackJ59

Whole house iron removal, Iron Curtain

Thanks for all of the feedback! My 2 questions were whether my level was high enough to merit addressing it with a filter, and whether not having one decreases the lifespan of the softener/resin. It appears that the answer is yes to both. I've been using Diamond Crystal Iron Fighter softener...
  2. JackJ59

Whole house iron removal, Iron Curtain

We're on well water, and have been using a GE 30k grain softener. With that installed, and using salt with added Iron Remover, still having staining issues (we have reverse osmosis for drinking water, so no issues there). Guthrie & Frey tested it at 2.8 Iron, 25 Hardness, 580 TDS, and suggested...
  3. JackJ59

Silicone on P trap threads

Thanks for the replies. He was a plumber; or at least the plumbing company billed him as one and priced it accordingly. I was surprised that he didn't know what his "Thrift" chemical was, handing me the container when I asked. So it caused me to question some of his other decisions/comments...
  4. JackJ59

Silicone on P trap threads

I'm thinking that this wasn't a good idea, or necessary. There was a small drip, but rather than try tightening (or if the threads were worn/stretched, replacing), the plumber used silicone caulk, saying that it would be able to be "broken" easily if I need to access it in the future. But even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks