Search results

1. HANDYHACKERinFL

Finding the main drain line under a slab

Project is building a shower where none is. Imagine a clock. The proposed shower drain will be in the center. Its 8 ft or so from the toilet at 12:00, 5 feet from lavatory also at 12 :00. 7 foot from the washer drain at 8:30, 6 foot from the kitchen sink at 2:30, I must be close! The cleanout is...
  2. HANDYHACKERinFL

Can you snake a 1/2" ID galvanized pipe?

I have a cold water supply pipe clogged with rust and mineral deposits. Its reduced to a dribble. The toilet and tub in the same bathroom are flowing fine. I removed the shut off valve, and inserted some wire into the pipe, but I cant get it past the 45 bend about 6" into the wall. Is there a...
  3. HANDYHACKERinFL

Clogged Cold Supply, 1 loc., Pre shutoff

I am visiting relatives in deerfield, Illinoise, and cant help but look for things to fix while here. House is 50-60 years old at least, and I am very intrigued by old houses after working on all the newer junk in Florida. First project is the bathroom that has cold water running fine in tub...
  4. HANDYHACKERinFL

Auto Radiator stop leak plugs copper pinhole.

Yeah I'm crazy. After rerouting the whole house hot side through the attic with cpvc, the cold sprung a leak. Something wrong with the way the pipe was run through the slab, electrolosis, settling, defective copper...You could hear it at night when it was quiet, especially if you pressed your...
  5. HANDYHACKERinFL

40 yr old cast closet flange has deteriorated.

I should have replaced it when I put tile down 6 yrs ago. It holds the toilet bolts fine, but the drain opening seems to have enlarged to the point where the wax ring slips into to drain instead of compressing onto it. Aside from trying to chisel this flange free and :confused: ... Its set in 6...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks