Search results

1. nuthole2003

Resin in pipes when I flush the toilet?

I had a friend come out yesterday afternoon with PEX crimpers and we re-plumbed the softener. Everything seems to be working like a charm so far! Thanks for the help and quick response. FINALLY glad this is solved!!
  2. nuthole2003

I've got the thing completely disconnected right now and the bypass on. I'm hoping to get it re-plumbed today or tomorrow. I'd imagine I lost about 3-4 measuring cups of resin. Is that enough to where I need to add more? I just added all new resin yesterday so it had the correct amount in to...
  3. nuthole2003

Okay, so I checked this afternoon and it's definitely plumbed in backwards, and probably has been for the past six years (good Lord!). I'll work on getting that re-plumbed and hopefully it'll be smooth as butter. Is there anything I need to do in the meantime or anything I should expect...
  4. nuthole2003

Thank you. I'll do that this evening and report back...
  5. nuthole2003

Here are a few images of the plumbing if that would help. It was done six years ago, and I would almost bet that they tested the flow of the water BEFORE plumbing in the softener (I did watch because I was curious), but then again, it was six years and two kids later, so the old memory may be...
  6. nuthole2003

I've got a Fleck 5600SXT and a 1.5 cu. ft. tank. I've had it for six years now, and have problems here and there with it dumping resin in my pipes. I just replaced the resin in it, put in a new bottom basket (Fleck High Flow basket), new distributor tube, and gravel bed at the bottom. Put it...
  7. nuthole2003

Problematic Water Softener (Fleck 5600SXT)

Right on. I ordered one of the Fleck High Flow bottoms this time around. I just need to know if I can actually use gravel or should use gravel on the bottom of the Vortech tank (the tank still has the old bottom screen, but no distributor tube). I replaced the air check and float assembly a few...
  8. nuthole2003

Problematic Water Softener (Fleck 5600SXT)

Hi all, I've had a softener for nearly six years that has been nothing but a headache. About once a year--sometimes twice a year--something would happen where it would spit resin in my pipes, and I'd have to blow all the pipes out. Whenever it regenerates, air gets into the pipes. We know when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks