Search results

1. Sunday Gladiator

Musty toilet water/mildew smell from downstairs bathroom

Thought I'd post a quick update. The smell has been isolated to the kitchen cleanout, and the pipe goes right to our downstairs bathroom. Running a sewer camera, all sorts of gunk was spotted down that cleanout. Plumber came out to jet it, yet the smell came back a few days later. Here's the...
  2. Sunday Gladiator

Forgot to address Reach4's question... It's a few seconds delay (after downstairs bathroom sink or toilet is used), it will smell in the air and into the other rooms throughout house. In the downstairs sink, it lasts for days upstairs and downstairs. If one does not touch the downstairs...
  3. Sunday Gladiator

Thank you for those peppermint and hydrostatic suggestions. Never heard of them till now. :) After I go through my next steps with the plumber on Monday, I'll inquire about those options and their experiences with them.
  4. Sunday Gladiator

That's a good suggestion. However my wife just clarified to me that the smell is not actually coming from the downstairs toilet itself. It's a pervasive musty/mildewy water smell all throughout the house. Exacerbated whenever the downstairs toilet or sink is used. That would suggest, albeit in...
  5. Sunday Gladiator

Hello, Just joined this forum. I registered mainly because I was inspired by this thread here - https://terrylove.com/forums/index....d-wax-ring-twice-still-have-odor.57641/page-2 I've run into a similar issue with my downstairs guest bathroom, which is just a toilet and sink next to it. The...
  6. Sunday Gladiator

Hello, Just joined this forum. I registered mainly because I was inspired by this thread here - https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/sewer-odor-installed-new-toilet-replaced-wax-ring-twice-still-have-odor.57641/page-2 I've run into a similar issue with my downstairs guest bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks