Search results

1. B. John Henley

[Hydronic Open Loop] No Hot Water Unless Circ Pump On

Were you able to figure this out? In my limited in sight, it seems the mixing valve is faulty.
  2. B. John Henley

Redundant dual fuel with two tankless heaters

I think I see what you mean. The mixing valve may hang out in the neutral position and allow 0.4 gpm from both inlets and therefore not meet the 0.5gpm min flow rate for either unit.
  3. B. John Henley

Theoretically the mixing valve will provide priority to the electric heater. No?
  4. B. John Henley

Thanks Jim, From what I can find in quick search through owner and install manual, and google search, the Noritz can only be set up in parallel. And when in parallel it uses a proprietary "quick connect cable". I can see now where my initial illustration would probably subject the gas...
  5. B. John Henley

Thank you Reach4, Does this drawing (option B) depict what your final paragraph was describing. This is definitely a better option. I think this will work, with the degree of success depending on how precise the mixing valve can work. With a perfect mixing valve, this should work very...
  6. B. John Henley

Well, that's part of the reason I am asking. I don't understand how the remote sensor will work. With option A, see illustration, as long as the flow rate is minimal (<4 gpm, only 1 shower and/or faucet going on at a time), then the Electric Heater will handle all the demand, therefore the...
  7. B. John Henley

Tankless Water Heater and Dishwasher

I had a 2.5 gal point of use heater tank installed underneath kitchen sink to supply faucet and dishwasher. I never had the same issue you described, but can imagine the point of use heater would be a good fix for you. The 2.5 gal tank is supplied by the hot side from the main house...
  8. B. John Henley

What is the best way to configure a redundant system utilizing one electrical tankless heater (probably 20-29kW 80-120 amp), and one natural gas heater (2009 Noritz 200,000 BTU). My goal is to preferentially use electric heater for 50-100% of my hot water needs (in order to fully utilize...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks