Search results

1. JDK12

Water softener is not softening

This has been such a nightmare... The riser tube is a bit taller than the tank, so it shouldn't be having any issues getting past the o-ring. I had a plumber come out, and he couldn't tell what was wrong. Took the valve into a local water softener place and they put the valve on their tank and...
  2. JDK12

I pulled the one out of the resin tank. I looked up the brand and size and it appears to be 1.05" diameter. I have to push it fairly hard to get it in past the o-ring. I did notice that any grease I tried to apply to the tub was scraped off by the basket. Wondering if I might have some...
  3. JDK12

Now that the basket is off, here is a better look at the O rings
  4. JDK12

How in the world do I get the plastic basket off? Edit: Channel locks worked haha.
  5. JDK12

Ok... so nothing good to report :/. Took it apart and the O-ring is there, but I can't get the stupid plastic basket off to get to it easily. I went ahead and applied grease to all o-rings, put it back together and went straight to brine draw. Still salty taste in about 60 seconds at the drain...
  6. JDK12

How do I remove the top screen from a control valve?

Edit: Oops, had too many tabs open and wrote in the wrong one.
  7. JDK12

I will be working on it this weekend and let you know what I find! When I installed it, I put the plastic basket piece on the bottom of the valve, however, I am reading some places that say it is not needed if you are not hooking it up in reverse. Is this true? Should I just remove the...
  8. JDK12

It's city water. I think I may have figured out the problem but will wait until this weekend to take it apart and see. I started the regen process but went right into the brine draw. The drain line goes into the wall in the garage, up into the attic, and back down into the laundry room where...
  9. JDK12

The ones bunched together all came out the same color indicating that the water is hard. One of them is from the unsoftened water outside. The rest in the group are from the "softened" water indicating that the water is hard. The one by itself is from a bottle of water so it has no hardness...
  10. JDK12

I have a fleck 48,000 grain unit and a 5800 LXT head. Unfortunately the settings on the 5800 LXT all pretty much automated so I can't change them myself. I can change the capacity of the unit, which is set to 1.5. I turned the hardness up to 25 for the time being and have salt set at 9 lbs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks