Search results

1. Riosman

ABS plastic and concrete

can ABS touch concrete?
  2. Riosman

Galv pipe vs balck iron/ teflon tape

Two questions 1. The inspector said to never to use teflon tape on gas pipe. Use dope. He stated never to use teflon tape on pipe threads True? 2. Gas pipe under a raised floor: Galvanzed or black iron?
  3. Riosman

Clean out threaded cap ABS leak

I have two clean out thread caps leaking when I test the drain system by filling it up at the top of the vent. I have tried Teflon tape then teflon tape with thread seal for ABS pipe. The leak is a drop per hour or less. This will be inspected. I dont know how critical it is What other...
  4. Riosman

Black iron

Is installing about 20 feet of black iron pipe for a liquid propane gas range too much for a homeownwer to do? I'm adding on a 480 sq foot kitchen. So far I have done it all. Grading, foundation, framing, roof, shearwall, siding, electrical, drain, copper tubing (hot and cold) Should I...
  5. Riosman

Hanging or anchoring copper tubing

I have new 3/4 tubing suspended under a raised floor using metal plumbers tape. There is plenty of room to work under the floor. In some areas I can anchor the tubing directly against the bottom of the floor joist. Other tubing needs to have a gap between the floor joists. What are the...
  6. Riosman

Hanging copper tubing

The tubing is routed under a raised floor. I have it suspended using metal tape. I would like to know what is the best method for securing the tubing to the bottom of the floor joist.
  7. Riosman

Fitting copper tubing

I am a newbie and have been fitting the copper tubes with elbows and t's by using the emory cloth method. I clean up with wirebrush bristle to polish, smooth. The problem is it takes too long to fit the joints together. In some cases if too tight the fitting never comes apart. I think...
  8. Riosman

Loop vent question: waste connection

I'm installing a loop vent for an island sink. This is for a room addition. I would like to make the loop vent waste connection up stream of the sink waste connection. The two books I have show the vent return to the waste line down stream from where the sink connects to the waste line. Does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks