Search results

1. TGinID

Pressure switch won't adjust.

And the winner is... Galvanized nipple was gunked up. Even though I had cleaned it out, apparently enough got into the switch to plug it up enough to cause it to not register the pressure accurately... Swapped out the galvanized for brass, flushed out the switch way more than I ever thought I...
  2. TGinID

So now, after replacing the pressure gauge, turns out the first one was spot on. Pressure switch kicks in at 20, but won't kick out till 60.... I'm out of ideas...
  3. TGinID

valveman, heh heh... yah it's the best I could come up with at the time. I was trying to avoid taking the nipple completely off since it wasn't leaking... At least I figured if it was obstructed I would feel something and then have to take it apart. Guess I really didn't save myself any trouble.
  4. TGinID

Thanks valveman. I tried Boycedrilling's suggestion to put everything back to where it was when I got it. I've been messing with it, and now it comes on pretty religiously at what the pressure gauge says is 20 lbs, but it's not shutting off till about 58lbs according to the gauge on the tank...
  5. TGinID

Thanks for all the input. I talked to a well company this morning who said if I touched screw#2 I might as well throw the switch in the trash. Ugh... why do they even put screw #2 on there if it's instant death? Tank holds pressure just fine. I think the pump and the electrical are just fine...
  6. TGinID

Switch is on about a 8" tall nipple off the tank tee. The pressure gauge is next to it on the tank tee. After the water passes the pressure gauge it goes to the filter which was just cleaned out and replaced about a week ago.
  7. TGinID

Thanks for the replies. Valveman, I don't think it's the pump. I am watching the contacts on the switch and they are not opening and closing at the proper pressures. I've loosened the screw #2 which the instructions call the differential screw to lower the cut out pressure as far as it will go...
  8. TGinID

This has been an all day project since 8:00 this morning, and I'm posting this at 11:00PM. I give up and I'm out of ideas. The original problem I was trying to fix was that my system was falling all the way to zero psi with about a 10 sec time lag before the pressure switch would cut in and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks