Search results

1. Ron Beck

Boiler short cycling

I am not sure the boiler can even build enough steam in 1 - 3 minutes to fill the piping. If you have a programmable thermostat verify the thermostat is set for a steam boiler. Check your cycle rate if there is one. If the thermostat is an older one with an adjustable anticipator increase it a bit.
  2. Ron Beck

Burnham Alpine 105 boiler ignition issues

What O2 are you running in high and low fire? The igniter gap is 4.5mm +/- 0.5mm. The distance of the igniter and flame rod is 5/16" from the burner. Are you seeing any rust on the inside of the right side panel? Is the boiler vented in PVC? One pipe or two pipe venting?
  3. Ron Beck

Backup for indirect water heater

Your boiler should not be breaking down and unreliable that ofter. Can you give me some history? I am very familiar with that product.
  4. Ron Beck

Replacement boiler sizing in SE MA

If you installed ODR card the boiler water temp will be 190f at "0" degrees outside not 32f unless they changed that parameter.
  5. Ron Beck

DHW coil maybe clogged. Can I bypass?

You can bypass the DHW coil on the boiler and yes you are correct. Leve the coil pipes open. If you cap them and there will be water left inside it could be a problem with rapid expansion and nowhere for the pressure to go. Also, be aware that when the boiler runs right after you do this it may...
  6. Ron Beck

Replacing Baxi Luna 310 with Viessmann 35 Combi

I think you have typed in a wrong figure, 1660 btu's per ft? Guys usually use 550 to 600 btu's per lineal ft. I do not agree with this sizing as it will usually oversize the boiler. The proper way to size a boiler is by using a heat loss program or fuel usage.
  7. Ron Beck

Alpine 150 noisier after blower changed

you can change the blower speeds anywhere between min and max but do not change the minimum speeds. You can change the light-off speed which I beleive you were looking at, this is not the max input. The RPM's is 5000 Max and Min of 1300. You can reduce the max but do not try to reduce the min...
  8. Ron Beck

Best Value/Most Reliable boiler?

Not to throw a wrench in this late in the game but look at the Burnham K2-WT080B. Priced right and has a 10:1 turndown which takes you to a minimum of 8k. Lower turndown greater fuel savings looking at Dana's baseboard output numbers.
  9. Ron Beck

How far off the garage floor should a boiler and hotwater heater be?

Unless they changed it is 18"
  10. Ron Beck

ALP105B Soft Lockout (Hold) 11

An error 11 is a failure to light. How old is the boiler? When installed what was the O2 set to. Should be 5.2% to 5.5%. Is this LP or Natural?
  11. Ron Beck

Where's the serial number on my boiler?

They have consolidated the part numbers for the 3-5 section boiler. You now get a kit with the target wall and the blanket for a 5 section and cut the blanket for the smaller boilers. The target wall would be the same for the entire product line. The part number is 108133-01
  12. Ron Beck

Boiler modulation question

You are absolutely correct. It will never run long cycles if the time is not taken to do our jobs correctly. The boiler will never turn down far enough. The closer we size the boiler to the correct size the lower it goes than being 1, 2 or even three times oversized. Granted it does help to...
  13. Ron Beck

I guess the difference is if you are above the approximate condensing temp or not. I always try to get the longest run time possible. During the rally cold snap a month ago it was surprising how many calls I received where the homes were not maintaining thermostat set point. I had the reduce the...
  14. Ron Beck

A few questions here about this conversation. Why would we be satisfied with a two to three minute run time on a mod/con boiler? I would rather see 15 minutes or longer. If the cycle is off every three minutes that is telling me the boiler is still inputting much more fuel than required. If we...
  15. Ron Beck

Burnham Alpine ALP210 High Limit Reset Sensor Error, Main Board problem?

FYI, the plug for the limit is inserted 180 degrees off. Slide the door open and the second plug from the left on the back row, pull it out, rotate it and plug it back in. This is a four wire plug with 3 wires. The unused port in the plug should be on the right and yours will be on the left...
  16. Ron Beck

Cast iron baseboard for new construction??

Don't eliminate the thought of fin tube baseboard which can give comfort. Look at smith products ( https://smithsep.com/wp-content/uploads/Heating-Edge-2-Literature.pdf ). Noises are caused by higher water temperature. They offer a low water temperature baseboard with high btu output. At 140f...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks