Search results

1. Nsherman2006

Symmons Temptrol - Use tub outlet for second shower?

Thanks for the reply! I don't think I was clear enough in my original post. The hand shower will be plumbed entirely separately with its own valve. The other side of the shower will have a regular shower head, but since I have the tub/shower valve already I feel like I might as well take...
  2. Nsherman2006

Tankless hot water heater in addition to HPWH

Thanks! The physics explanation ruled out 120V heaters real quick. I will set the hot water temp on the HPWH as high as it goes and use a tempering valve to drop it back to safe temps. Also, the "booster" heaters appear to be exactly the solution to my problem, and they tap into the same 30A...
  3. Nsherman2006

Tankless hot water heater in addition to HPWH

Hello, I'm remodeling a bathroom and am planning on installing 2 showers. I'm also installing a 50 gallon heat pump water heater (already have it, so stepping up to a larger tank isn't a feasible option). I'm concerned that a long shower with both showers running might exhaust the capacity of...
  4. Nsherman2006

Symmons Temptrol - Use tub outlet for second shower?

Hi all, I am redoing a bathroom and adding a shower meant to be used by two people at the same time. I have two Symmons Temptrol tub/shower combo valves already, and I'm trying to keep the budget down, so I'd like to reuse one or both of them (plus, I've had great luck with Symmons product...
  5. Nsherman2006

Cut out tankless coil or keep with HPWH?

Dana, Thanks for the comprehensive reply! What I was saying is that in case of a power outage, I already have a generator wired to provide power to the furnace, fridge, and some other circuits. A hot water heater would require removing 2 circuits from the existing transfer switch to provide...
  6. Nsherman2006

Cut out tankless coil or keep with HPWH?

Hi all, I've been searching for answers, and have found lots of great info on this site, but I'm still scratching my head about this one. I don't think there's an "answer" I'm looking for so much as advice. I bought a 1960s single-story ranch with an oil-fired boiler for both baseboard heating...
  7. Nsherman2006

One shower won't get hot (symmons temptrol, domestic mixing valve)

Hi all, I'm at my wit's end trying to solve a shower problem. I live in a 2 bathroom house in CT. Both bathrooms have symmons temptrol showers. The house has an oil boiler with steam radiators and a tankless coil for hot water. There is a Honeywell am1 mixing valve after the coil The upstairs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks