Search results

1. GlenJ

BOSCH 125X flame intensity

Welp…my WH just “ made a decision “ for me. I was set to purchase a new water valve, but before I plunked down the money (nonrefundable), I wanted to make sure I could remove the old one. There is a considerable amount of corrosion on that aluminum housing, especially around those two...
  2. GlenJ

Thanks for the input Stuff! As I have the regulator turned up to the maximum, my next semi-logical conclusion is the regulator itself is corroded internally. Looking at page 13 of the owner manual: troubleshooting > water is not hot enough > 6. "Parts in the water flow valve are corroded so...
  3. GlenJ

Dana, the water pressure at an outside spigot (bib?) is 80psi, which seems high to me. The owner manual for the 125X recommends 30-50 psi for installation on a well system. I'm on city water, so I'm unsure if that makes any difference. Psi is psi, right? I'm considering having an adjustable...
  4. GlenJ

Thanks for doing the math Dana (I was never very good at it...). It all makes sense looking at those numbers. What still has me scratching my head is: Until a few years ago, the WH was working great regardless of the season. Winter, fall, etc...no issues. At first I thought my municipality...
  5. GlenJ

Interesting that you mention that G1-07 bulletin...a few hours ago adjusting that very 'adjuster' as per those instructions. The slot was in the vertical position (factory setting?), so I rotated it to the horizontal...no improvement, :( though if I interpret the bulletin correctly, the...
  6. GlenJ

Thanks for the reply & advice Stuff! I've dug deep into those Bosch technical bulletins, and while they are an awesome resource (even written for the layman like me), I've yet to find one that addresses my specific issue. Reading "between the lines", I have an idea that my water pressure might...
  7. GlenJ

Long winded question here: Bosch Aquastar 125X NG, purchased in 2001 & working great until recently. I’ll admit to a lack of maintenance on my part. Never descaled until last week, but again, I never had issues until last 2 winters. The facts: Single story ranch-style home, 1 shower over...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks