Search results

1. dougle

Squeaky Maax shower pan......

Installing pan that has Styrofoam support underneath.....damn thing squeaks like crazy. Not much if any flex happening but I think it is the Styrofoam against the subfloor that is squeaking. Contacted Maax and they said I just have to live with it. I've only secured the pan to the framing so...
  2. dougle

Replacing Emergency light

Replacing an emergency light that fell off the ceiling when was being tested and confused with 2 extra wires. I have the 120v plug but also a red and blue 16 gauge set of wires that for the life of me can't figure out where they connect to in the head unit. They are connected to a 14/2 romex...
  3. dougle

PEX go no go gauge.....

I'm having trouble understanding this gauge. The no go part would indicate that the ring was compressed too much? Correct? Why would that fail? damaged the pex tubing?.......
  4. dougle

Problem with valves

Just finished my install of 4 zones run off a shallow well. 3/4hp jet pump with a pump relay hooked up to my nelson controller. Has been working great for the past week. Now zones 3 and 4, the valves don't open (rain Pro 8410t jar top valves). I've checked at the controller and each zone...
  5. dougle

Sprinkler Pump

This is off of another thread and i thought it would get a more knowledgable response in here..... I have a shallow well for irrigation (water at 18.5'). Would a 1 hp wayne Sprinkler pump work for me or am i better off with a shallow well jet pump. I've read about issues with the sprinkler pump...
  6. dougle

Sprinkler pump

I have a shallow well for irrigation (water at 18.5'). Would a 1 hp wayne Sprinkler pump work for me or am i better off with a shallow well jet pump. I've read about issues with the sprinkler pump not being able to draw enough. thanks
  7. dougle

Pump question

3/4hp redjacket shallow jet pump. used strictly for irrigation with no pressure/load produced 8-10 gpm from wellpoint shallow well. No pressure switch on it ie turn it on and motor keeps going. what would happen to the pump if I put it on a zone that only produces 6gpm. i know the pressure...
  8. dougle

Pump sizing

What would happen if i connected a jet shallow pump 3/4hp to a system (lateral)that required only 5 gpm. Flow out of the pump with no pressure (no resistance) is 9gpm. I have no pressure settings on this pump, turn it on and let it pump. Will the pump burn out as the resistance (5gpm) is not...
  9. dougle

New shallow well pump installation

Bottom of wellpoint at 24.5', have 6' of standing water, 1 1/4" sched40 pipe, elbow, T for priming, checkvalve, 1hp redjacket cent/jet pump. Was able to put down 12gpm when i was developing the well (lots of water), prime the pump (difficult) and get a flow of about 1gpm (trickle)with the pump...
  10. dougle

popups or rotors

Pro's and cons of popups vs rotor heads. I understand that I can't mix the 2 on the same zone. $20 for a rotor vs $2 for a popup seems like 10 popups would cover more area than the rotor. Maintenace? connections? ease of install? thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks