Search results

1. Lysle Anderson

Frost heaving well casing

Many thanks for the helpful posts. I have a better understanding of the topic now. I appreciate the help. I will update the thread with any further information as it becomes available.
  2. Lysle Anderson

Yes, a millionth of a meter. Pretty tiny....
  3. Lysle Anderson

I would agree about the unstable material that the bore goes through based on speaking with neighbours with wells close by.
  4. Lysle Anderson

I have no details about the liner- I think it goes right to the bottom of the well. I was here when the driller installed it but he did not explain much about it's purpose. There is a rope coming from the liner up to surface- the rope is slack and not holding something. Presumably, it is to...
  5. Lysle Anderson

The sediment appears to be quite fine- it goes through a 1 micron filter easily. It takes a couple of days for it to settle. At present, I do not have a pressure tank or pressure switch- the pipe comes to ground level and runs away from there. I run the pump, watch the water flow and shut the...
  6. Lysle Anderson

The casing is 6 inches and is down 30 feet; there is a perforated PVC liner inside the casing down to bottom. After reading your post, my guess is that the casing is not well sealed to the bedrock and the sediment is leaking through the fissures. I'll try pumping the well harder and see what...
  7. Lysle Anderson

That is what I thought as well.
  8. Lysle Anderson

Hello to the group. 3 years ago I had a well drilled for a cottage I was building. The well is 140 feet deep and was producing 6 gallons per minute. I only started using the water this year because the cottage was not ready until now. I put the submersible pump to 100 feet (like the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks