Search results

1. Jbell1033

Kohler San Raphael leak

I have a 30+ years old Kohler San Raphael (4530) with a leak at the rim inside the bowl at the 7 o’clock position. Trickles all the time. Last summer I replaced all the guts with Kohler 1B1X 84499 parts. This trickle leak is fairly new. My past experiences with leaking or running has been from...
  2. Jbell1033

Removing exhaust fan housing

No attic. Flat roof. Since the housing is in useable condition I'll clean it up and go with a new motor and cover. The old motor is really gross. Thanks all.
  3. Jbell1033

Removing exhaust fan housing

Wife wants a new bathroom exhaust fan and I can't figure out how the housing is anchored. There are no screws to back out. I think it was installed, then the ceiling dry wall hung. Any suggestions? I'd be happy with just a cleaning and a new motor. The wife wants me to ask about a complete...
  4. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

Thank you, everyone. Problem solved with the correct switch. A Leviton 5603, 3-way. Next, on to the tub removal!
  5. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

Yes, black probe to the metal box, other probe on the screw. When I flip the garage door switch down the circuit breaker trips.
  6. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

I got out my multimeter to check. I disconnected the white wire leaving the red and black as pictured above. With the switch off (no ceiling light) the red wire is 122 v, the black is 0.0, and the disconnected white is 0.0. Flipping the switch to ceiling light on, the red and the black show 122...
  7. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

Thanks for the video. There are only three wires in the box at the kitchen door.
  8. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

Thank you for your reply. This laundry room light has worked off of two switches since the house was built. I haven't done any new wiring. I'm only trying to swap out the toggle switches with the new Levitron decora models my wife picked out. Are you saying this is an incorrect switch for the...
  9. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

When I toggled the garage switch to down I thought I heard a spark inside the switch. Aren't my switches two way, on/off? Boxes that hold the switches are plastic. Should I change the wire on the new switch to black being opposite the ground screw and the red on the bottom?
  10. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

Thanks. No wires were connected together. Old toggle (garage door)has a red wire at the top, opposite the ground screw. A black wire at the bottom. New switch has red wire at bottom, opposite the ground screw. A black wire at the top. (Of course rotating the switch puts the red at the top...
  11. Jbell1033

Switch tripping breaker

First, thanks to anyone who reads through this and offers some advice. Finishing up a laundry room remodel I installed a new ceiling LED fixture and a new Leviton decora wall switch. The ceiling light is controlled by two switches; one at the garage door (old switch) and one at the kitchen...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks