Search results

1. myk3ha

shallow well drawdown tubes

Because a 120 foot deep well costs $9,000 here and dropping four points will be $1600 when I reuse my good suction lines, pump, and tank. I wish I had your faith in well drillers but I don't and that's why I posted here to find out the purpose of drawdown tubes in a shallow well.
  2. myk3ha

shallow well drawdown tubes

Hello All: West central FL, here. I'm in the process of vetting shallow well drillers to sink four new 10 foot points on 20 feet of pipe through water table at 13 feet and hardpan at 20 feet. Most of the drillers are confident of finding plenty of water on the other side of the hardpan. The...
  3. myk3ha

shallow well suction side leak

Thank you for the suggestion, Reach4. I think I've already found my leak though with air pressure and bubble leak detector. Fixing it tomorrow and hoping for the best. Mike
  4. myk3ha

I hadn't thought of testing the pump on a bucket of water, so thank you for that suggestion, Valveman. I have, since my original post definitely isolated the leak to an ell in my stem wall and under a slab that'll be messy to get to but could be worse and will be fixing that tomorrow and then if...
  5. myk3ha

I have a relatively new shallow well in the Tampa Bay area with four 4 ft long 1-1/4" plastic points about 20 feet in the ground. I have water at 13 ft and I'm using a 2 horse Red Lyon irrigation pump and a 20-gal pressure tank. It has been working okay for about a year until about a month ago...
  6. myk3ha

two story wet vents

Thanks asktom. Would something like this work? Am I correct that it appears that the toilets vent on the shower and tub drains? Mike
  7. myk3ha

two story wet vents

I'm planning a rebuild of a two story slab on grade duplex in Saint Petersburg FL with (almost) the same fixture layouts on both floors and need help designing/understanding the DWV system with wet vents. I've read elsewhere that I can put just two fixtures on a wet vent and need to upsize one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks