Search results

1. Electricview

Shimming second toilet on tiled floor.. No shims fit!

Oh wow so you are actually lifting the toilet with the two shims in the back. Does this put any undue stress on those three points of the toilet? or is that no concern? Also are you using the softer 'rubber' shims there? I saw those in the store but worried over time the rubber would compress...
  2. Electricview

Shimming second toilet on tiled floor.. No shims fit!

Sorry to start another thread on this, but i've got my second toto drake on my tiled bathroom floor, the tile job is much better this time, with only slight off height tiles.. I have actually 2 toto drake bottoms and they both wobble differently.. One of them has more front to back wobble and...
  3. Electricview

Advice about shimming a new wobbly TOTO on a badly tiled floor?

Okay I actually went with the thicker wax ring with black funnel in it.When the toilet went down, it seemed like it was just a bit higher than without any wax ring and i pushed it down hard as i could.. (some of the shims were going in a little deeper than before the wax ring). There was some...
  4. Electricview

Is the Sani-Seal proven to be a an okay device? I looked online and there's a couple of horror stores of that thing flattening out and basically disintegrating.. so I am a bit concerned.
  5. Electricview

thanks! i've read MANY of your posts here, that how is i went with shims in the back, and it makes complete sense to me as well, since the front will take most of the weight of the toilet. And can i use a 'white' version of that stuff ? (i'm guessing its the polyseamseal i've seen you mention...
  6. Electricview

the flange (top of it) is almost completely flush with the tile around it (except the low side of the tile is like a 32nd of an inch taller in the back of the flange and the tall side of the tile (opposite side of the flange) is like a 32nd shorter) but the flange it self is near close, when i...
  7. Electricview

New here seeking some advice about stopping wobble. recently did our own tile job on a tiny 5x5 bathroom and obviously we didn't do good. The tile is un-even around the toilet (mostly low in the back, but a little high on one side too). Anyways long story short when i put just the bowl down on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks