Search results

1. Markdski

Trouble with the Flapper seal on an old Crane Drexel toilet

Success! Here is what I did. This FluidMaster part was not working. This first one has the putty already attached to the flopper. The second one worked! Perhaps it was the little water basket on the top or the fact that the putty came separate and I was able to put it on the toilet hole...
  2. Markdski

Terry: It looks like I need to go the route of gutting the toilet. Will the 400ARHRK – PerforMAX® All-In-One Repair Kit (which I can buy off the shelf at the local Home Depot work for the Crane Drexel? I still worry about the flapper seal. Also, this toilet has a built in flow valve to the...
  3. Markdski

Terry: Yes. Thanks. I looked at a couple of options at the hardware store today, including one that would provide a dual flush option. I still worry that these won't solve the leaky flapper seal. Your thoughts?
  4. Markdski

Reach4: Thanks! Yup - the water level does not drop below the flapper. The issue is the flapper seal.
  5. Markdski

I know the easiest response to this post is replace the toilet, but I'd like to try and repair first. I have an old Crane Drexel porcelain toilet. For the past several years it has worked fine. Recently it started "running" intermittently, so I assumed the flopper and the seal were wearing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks