Search results

1. Thewolf56

Fleck 5810 SXT constant draining issue

That is correct. The seal and spacer stack (along with some new grease) were the only parts I purchased. If it wasn't for the debris blocking the drain line, the whole thing would have been finished in less than an hour. Hardest part of the installation for me was aligning the cam, but that's...
  2. Thewolf56

So, as a follow-up, I checked the DLFC, the BLFC, the injector, the plug, and the injector screen. No issues there. I took apart the piston and seal stacker and brine valve and reinstalled and adjusted. All seemed good. I read about another post on this forum where someone had this issue...
  3. Thewolf56

So, I replaced the piston and seal/stack today (mine was broken) and that fixed the constant drain so thanks for the advice there. However, I now have a new problem. My valve fills the brine tank during the BD stage and does not seem to draw at all. Does the brine fill for a bit during BD...
  4. Thewolf56

Thanks Bannerman. I actually manually regenerated with it out of bypass with a cycle of ResCare and it still drains constantly after the regeneration cycle finishes. Just a constant flow of water into the air gap.
  5. Thewolf56

I'm not sure it's an error code yet. It flashes so quickly when it is plugged in that if you blink, you'll miss it. I can hear the piston move and watch the cam moves during the steps of the cycle.
  6. Thewolf56

It flashes SYNC and then goes to step B1 with a 6:00 countdown. I can still hear the drain.
  7. Thewolf56

Hello everyone, Thanks to this forum and its knowledgeable members, I was able to install and setup a 80k Fleck 5810 SXT water softener system 3 years ago. This morning, my wife went into the garage and the water softener was making a horrible noise. I went out there and it sounded like the...
  8. Thewolf56

Interested in DIY Water Softener Installation

Unfortunately, the option is not available on mine. I only have FS and rc as available options. The manual that came with mine also only lists those options, but the manual I found online does show rc as a third programming choice for RS.
  9. Thewolf56

Now I am kind of wishing that I had the RS = cr option on my 5810SXT. My RC is programmed at 225, but as of right now, my meter has only gone down from 1710 to 1104 since Saturday evening, so we are definitely not using close to 225 gallons per day. I may adjust the RC down after giving it a...
  10. Thewolf56

I checked the RS settings and CR is not available (although I see that CR is an available selection on the manual I downloaded online). I also changed my BD setting to 45. Will the larger injector size have any negative impact on my system?
  11. Thewolf56

Thanks everyone. All 4 circuits on the garage walls are GFCI protected, even the 2 20 AMP and 1 15 Amp dedicated outlets I had installed (I still want to have one of the 20 AMP circuits switched to a single non-GFCI outlet as it only serves a garage fridge), but thanks for the concern. I've...
  12. Thewolf56

Just a follow-up. I don't think I would have been able to do this without the help I received here, so thank you to everyone. I installed the water softener earlier today. It was the first time I've sweated copper in 13 years. First joints I sweated weren't pretty, but should hold fine long...
  13. Thewolf56

Thank you very much for all of the help. As it turns out, I ran into my neighbor outside (it is a rare occurrence in the Arizona Summer) and the drain line of the softener was indeed hooked up to that 1/2" line that is connected to the loop. The tough part will be removing the cap in the...
  14. Thewolf56

Hi Guys, I ended up having to do quite a bit of traveling for work over the past few weeks, and I'm kind of disappointed my 5810SXT has been sitting in my garage for almost 3 weeks without being hooked up. First, I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the help that has been supplied. I...
  15. Thewolf56

Thanks to the help I received here, I now have an 80k Fleck 5810SXT system on order, so I need to figure out how to install and program this thing. I have attached a couple of pictures of where it will go. The cabinet will be moved and that is where the water softener would go. The water main...
  16. Thewolf56

Based on the amount of hard water stains I have after just 8 months, it is without a doubt much higher than the 13 or 19 the city lists on the website. The city I just moved from listed the water hardness as 12-18, and that took a while for hard water stains to accumulate, comparatively. It...
  17. Thewolf56

Thank you very much for the information. I am going to retest the hardness again with the 1/2 distilled water as I recall the hardness being in the mid to high 20s using test strips in October, but I know the water source may have changed since then. I'll report back once I have retested.
  18. Thewolf56

Hello, i am a first-time poster, but I have lurked on these threads for a while trying to gather as much information as possible. I have never owned a water softener before, but am not unaccustomed to hard water. My old house in Phoenix had hard water (as pretty much any area in AZ does), but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks