Search results

1. Glwalters82

Air in pipes

I have a situation with air getting into my plumbing. I have flushed all the pipes numerous times but still get a sputter in the morning in the 2 2nd floor bathrooms. Each bathroom is fed by separate 3/4 inch pipes from the basement. Any ideas where this air could be getting into the system?
  2. Glwalters82

Best shower caulk

I have been researching and it seems that pure silicone caulk is the best for caulking between bottom of tile and top of shower base. Silicone is better resistant to mold growth. I have used silicone before but have difficulty tooling it smooth. I am looking for recommendations as to how to...
  3. Glwalters82

Shower base/wall caulking

I have a solid shower base and tiled walls. I have had the installer recaulk the gap between the shower base and tiled wall. It lasts about 6 months and then the caulk begins to crack and the water begins to get wicked up thru the crack. There is a rubber membrane between the cement board...
  4. Glwalters82

Brass DWV

The DWV pipes are brass. In the kitchen and bathroom we have brass drain pipes exiting to the wall with connections (elbows, etc). Are these soldered or threaded connections? (no visible excess solder visible)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks