Search results

1. DoubleCheck

Plumbing Cuts Causing Structural Sag

I thought LVL because of some comments I have read as I have web searched on this problem. After I posted here, I checked to see the cost of 16' LVL. I noticed that LVLs are a bit shorter than 10", 12" etc. I think the PVC pipe would be 3.5 inches outside diameter so I figured it wouldn't...
  2. DoubleCheck

Well, I think I have an idea. The plumbing would be cut back to the hub before the first joist. The joists would be replaced (LVL). Under the wall above I would put two joist. I would run the vent stack straight through and turn it up through the floor past the joist. It would then turn and...
  3. DoubleCheck

I have made an appointment with a plumber for next week. When I made the appointment, I explained that this was a project that I had to use a GC to complete and that I wanted to pay for an opinion. I am accepting that it is best to remove the plumbing for the structural repairs which brings...
  4. DoubleCheck

The worst sagging is the joist with the cut for the vent stack. The previous owner shimmed for the sheetrock (they are still on in the picture). There is a 4 inch clearance between the soil pipe and the subfloor (tried to get better pictures but having trouble getting them off the phone).
  5. DoubleCheck

The only direction I can move the plumbing would shift it to further the middle of the span. There is another vent stack about 9/10 feet from this area. I was hoping to reconfigure to run to that stack but the stack only being 2" killed the idea (might have allowed for more plumbing to run...
  6. DoubleCheck

I am trying to find solutions so that I can fix the floor sag. The red line is the pipe to the vent stack. The green line is the tub drain line (tub drain out of picture-drum trap in frame) and the blue line is the toilet drain. I don't think that there is too much a can do with the plumbing...