Search results

1. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you, Gentleman. So, I found a qualified man with a trencher that can do this for me. He objects to the 1.5" poly due to his inability to handle the large roll. Any advice? It looks like Menards has something similar at 174 lbs. He says that it's hard to roll it out and tough to get it to...
  2. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you, Valveman. That's what I wanted to here. Two more questions, please... 1. How difficult is it to roll out that 1.5" pipe? I understand it can get tangled and make a mess. 2. What are best fitting to use? I saw a video last night for Ford couplers and pack joints. Thank you very much...
  3. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Yes...I understand but don't know how to accurately measure it. It could be 20-30'.
  4. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Hi Valveman...it is uphill for 1000' and then mostly flat.
  5. Water Monster

Very long water line...

I'd like to thank everyone for help with this and comments. We have been using another solution as this is more of a hunting camp but need to get back to it. I can restate the problem with some new variables. 1" municipal tap at street with approximately 80 psi and 1500' to property. Will...
  6. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Does it matter which direction I go in with 2" pipe? Attach bell end to meter or other end to start?
  7. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Frost line is 5 - 18" here. How do I get from 2" PVC to this tee? Reducer? Splitter?
  8. Water Monster

Very long water line...

No, sorry...I'm running 2500' from highway up and along a dirt road to my property which is 1 square acre. We will have 4 RV sites on the property which we will terminate with frost proof hydrants. So 2500' of 2" PVC then split and reduce to 4 smaller runs at 100', 150', 200' and 225'.
  9. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Incoming pressure is 80 lbs...can you tell what is best way to split 2" PVC pipe at end of run? If we terminate at valve box in front of property then reduce and split to 1" or 3/4" PEX pipe or equivalent with 3 or 4 distribution points. Any pre-made adapters for this?
  10. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Ok...if we need to regulate pressure then with 2" pipe how is this best accomplished. Someone suggested that the regulator should go immediately after the tap at the street? Does this make sense? I thought that I would place regulator at the end of the 2500' run and before entrance to the...
  11. Water Monster

Very long water line...

I did not think of roots...plan to trench on Monday and up a dirt road and very close to tree line. Thought that I would keep the trench closer to the trees than the road? Road has mild traffic, maybe 25 cars a day, and most of trench would go in drainage ditch that is less than a foot deep in...
  12. Water Monster

Very long water line...

I'm a little concerned about the glue. This is the first I've heard about a gasket pipe. I planned to use ball valves periodically to isolate future problems or leaks. Could we accomplish the same thing with this...500' or 1000' of glued pipe and then a compression type ball valve? Could a...
  13. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you, Valveman...I just noticed your post on the new page. What about primer/glue for the 2" PVC? This is what suppliers here are suggesting?
  14. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you for the comments. One more question please... We plan to trench using a bobcat with rented attachment which I think will leave a ditch 5" - 6" wide. Is 2" pipe flexible enough for us to drop this in as we go along and lift the end out to glue on new piece? Any other thoughts or...
  15. Water Monster

Very long water line...

That's what I'm looking for...is this potable? Engineer suggests larger pipe for run over 1000' with 2"? If we split at end for 3 cabins/RV's and a hydrant is 1" ok? Will PVC manifold from Jaccuzzi supply work?
  16. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you for the comments. I'd like to replace the RV's with cabins in the future. I'm sold on the 2"...is it possible to find 2" poly line in significant size spools?
  17. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Frost line here is 12-18' and we plan to bury 30". Soil mostly red clay.
  18. Water Monster

Very long water line...

RV park...maximum of 3 recreational vehicles and would like to include frost proof hydrant. Cost is an issue but we need to drop to 1" pipe at some point and I like the cost benefits of tapering the run down.
  19. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Ok...so that means at 2500' the pressure loss would be 68.25 less the original 80 lbs. at the street or 11.75 lbs. pounds of pressure at the hydrant. Completely unacceptable but if I'm using the right chart and 2" has a .10 pressure loss per 100' then 2500' /100 = 25 x .10 = 2.5 lbs of pressure...
  20. Water Monster

Very long water line...

Thank you, gentlemen...head is not substantial in my opinion. My concern is cost now as a 2" pipe for 2500' is a budgetary problem. Could I increase the pressure at the end by tapering the run as mentioned in initial post? This could save me some money. I also wonder if it would be more cost...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks