Search results

1. chaoster

Ductless AC help

I have small bedrooms that would require 5000btu ac units. I notice the ductless systems start at 9000btu. Isn't that too big and would waste energy? Which brand would be best Mitsubishi, Fujitsu or LG? TIA.
  2. chaoster

Expansion tank question

I have a AO Smith 40 gallon gas hot water heater. Sometimes water sprays out the prv. I have an expansion tank connected to the boiler, do I need one for the water heater or is there something else wrong?
  3. chaoster

Seer help

I am considering getting a fujitsu mini-split system. If I get a cooling only unit it has a seer of 14.3. A unit with a heat pump would cost $400 more, but have a seer of 21.0. Is it worth spending the extra money for a higher seer rating? I would probably not use the heat pump, just need...
  4. chaoster

toto drake trip lever

Can you get a replacement at Home depot or Lowes?
  5. chaoster

contractor's markup

I know the cost of labor does not cover all the overhead and office help. How much do contractors markup supplies? Such as for faucets and doors etc. If they agree to let you buy the materials would they charge more for labor? I know they have to pay for pick-up and delivery charges right?
  6. chaoster

stainless steel

I am redoing the kitchen. Having a tough time deciding white or SS appliances. Currently have a white dishwasher and vent hood for about 3 years. Don't really what to get rid of good appliances. Also don't want to have a fridge and stove in SS. Might make the kitchen look weird. Only the SS...
  7. chaoster

kitchen appliances

What are some good brands to consider? Mainly a fridge and stove. Seems Ge cost more than others. Interested in mid range stuff not top of the line pro quality.
  8. chaoster

Faucet question

I am having the kitchen done. It was told not to buy a faucet from Home depot or Lowes. I was told Grohe is a good brand. I have never heard of this brand is it any good? It's very expensive. Any other brand similar?
  9. chaoster

Sprinklers don't shut off

I have an inground system that was working fine up till this year. It has 3 zones. When it goes through the 3 zones it does not shut off it just starts over again with zone 1. I have to shut it off manually otherwise it runs all day.
  10. chaoster

Central air VS ductless system

I am thinking about a central air system in a 85 year old home. It has no ducts at all, It will be a complete new install. The central air will be cheaper. But I will lose some attic and closet space due to the blower and ducts. Which system would be better. The ductless system is a Mitsubishi...
  11. chaoster

wall unit AC question

I have a 23,000 BTU friedrich wall unit for my first floor. Last summer I had a problem with the inside fins (behind the filter) icing up. Does anyone know is wrong? do I need to call a repairman? TIA
  12. chaoster

Toto Drake parts question

I need a new flapper for my drake. I was not able to find it at two Home depot's. Anyone know where I can buy/order one. TIA>
  13. chaoster

help with water heater

When the water heat is on and heating water there is water dripping out the pressure relief valve. Does this mean it is broken?
  14. chaoster

caulking

I need to recaulk my bathtub. How long for the caulk to dry before using the shower? We only have one shower and its had to not use it for long periods of time.
  15. chaoster

hot water heater brands

I think I need a new gas hot water heater. Trying to find if the wet spot is a leak in the tank. What is a good brand or are they pretty much the same?
  16. chaoster

What a surprise

Went to Robert Moses state park here on Long Island. Wife comes out of bathroom with 4 year old and says they use Toto toilets. I said are you sure and went to the men's room and sure enough Toto toilets. They were the tankless ones that attach to the wall. I was surprised to see Toto toilets at...
  17. chaoster

patching ceiling and walls

I just had some lights and ceiling fans installed. There are holes all over the ceiling and a few on the walls. This is an old plaster house. How do I patch the holes? What would I use for the joint compound to stick to? TIA
  18. chaoster

Wax ring

Does everybody use a wax ring with or without a flange? A regular one or thicker one?
  19. chaoster

Toto soft close seat

What is the difference between ss114 soft close seat and the ss154 traditional soft close seat?
  20. chaoster

shower curtain rod

Anyone have a permanent shower curtain rod? I have a tension rod now and it keeps falling down. I was wondering what is a good brand and from where. Home depot dosen't have them. Is there a standard height to install them? And do I need a special drill bit for tile? TIA.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks