Search results

1. CenTex

How can I tell if my shower has a p-trap?

Final post: Have used shower twice with no smell. Also sediment in bottom of shower drain trap is gone. Success! My thanks to those who offered suggestions.
  2. CenTex

Update: fished a drain auger down the shower drain - nothing. But did the sink and at about 12 feet, it seemed to hit something. Gave it a twirl and continued another few feet. Upon withdrawal, no evidence of a clog on the auger. Ran a lot of water down sink drain and continued to see floaties...
  3. CenTex

Thanks again for the input and ideas. No slow drain problems - sinks or shower. Blockage idea must be explored, it seems. No clean out nearby. I do have a small drain auger I could try passing into shower drain. Our shower stall is in a corner of the room, made of individual boards/panels of...
  4. CenTex

Thanks for the input. Yesterday I did a little more testing and believe septic gas/venting is not the issue since there is water standing in the shower drain. I took a rag and sopped out a good bit (smelly and grungy) and the level remained down about 3 inches. This made me think there is a trap...
  5. CenTex

We're on an aerobic septic system and seem to have a lot of sewer gas coming up the shower drain. After reading some posts on this forum, I'm wondering if the builder failed to install a p-trap for the shower stall. Or if it was installed improperly (at a severe angle, etc). Is there an easy...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks