Search results

1. Gkryhewy

Moentrol, Only hot water coming from Moen shower

Can't believe it, but it seems this problem has reoccurred already. Only getting hot water again.
  2. Gkryhewy

I got it out!! For future googlers, I used a small pair of needle nose pliers. I put the head of the pliers into the spool, and expanded the pliers inside, wedging the outer tips of the pliers inside the tube and pulling the pliers wide and out towards me as hard as I could. I think there was a...
  3. Gkryhewy

So I guess I would drill another hole into the end cap, thread that hole, and then screw in a bolt that I would then use to pull the spool out? Crazy if that's the only solution. I'm about ready to call a plumber at this point but I'm afraid they'd need to disassemble the wall of the shower and...
  4. Gkryhewy

This guy had the same issue in this old thread, but I don't understand what his solution means: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-i-remove-mixet-balancing-spool.17718/
  5. Gkryhewy

This is my current situation; hope photo uploads okay.
  6. Gkryhewy

Yes, I have the moentrol. It is exactly as pictured. I replaced the cartridge properly today and was able to resolve my original dropping problem, but now I seem to be at war with the balancing spool trying to get it out. Managed to get the cap off with a chisel as screwdriver, and I managed to...
  7. Gkryhewy

That makes sense, thanks. So you all think that the no-flow from cold side issue is a balancing spool rather than a cartridge issue?
  8. Gkryhewy

Huh. Well, I didn't change the original orientation of the cartridge (never got to remove it) and I'm not sure if our set up is reversible; it's not back to back. I will give a shot at tapping on the spool before swapping in the new one. Thanks!
  9. Gkryhewy

Thanks for the quick sanity check- I now have a new balancing spool on order; we'll see how it goes.
  10. Gkryhewy

Hello! Plumbing novice here- we moved into our house a couple of years ago, and I'm gradually learning to at least be able to fake competence at some handy tasks as things come up. We have two Moen shower fixtures in our ~12 year old house that had begun to drip very slowly no matter where the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks