Search results

1. BadDad

New custom home build, need feedback

Thank you for the suggestions @Dana that stiebel eltron is really nice. i'd rather have two of those than 3 tankless water heaters.
  2. BadDad

What about electric water heaters? are there any new technologies out there? Our old house had a gas fired wh, but our current temporary house has an electric wh. to be honest, our power bill was soo low, i'm considering going with electric on our new house, mostly because we are on a 250g...
  3. BadDad

ah, yes. forgot about the landscape engineer... never even heard of one before. we're fortunate enough to have picked up a 5 acre parcel in one of the most desirable parts of town.. but i cant even imagine wtf they will try and have me landscape.... but i am also interested in seeing what is...
  4. BadDad

i dont ever recall saying the house will be huge. it will cost a shit-load to build. but you're right its actually average size and thats what i want. what i was saying is that my architect also put in multiple tankless heaters in the plan. the logic was to have hot water by the point of use...
  5. BadDad

We are also in the planning stage and are having a 2600sqft house built. our architect has put in 3 tankless water heaters. one for the master suite on the opposite side of the house, and two in the garage area, one for the kitchen and the other for two bathrooms and washroom. idk, but here in...
  6. BadDad

New Well, Need Advice on Systems

SHIT! so I had my water samples sent to the lab.. all are good except the found Arsenic in the water.... FÜCK.... not what i wanted to hear. level is 17, they say max allowed is 10... id rather have 0 what kind of filtration system do you guys suggest?
  7. BadDad

Finally locked it in, grundfos 5hp 35gpm pump. 3 119g tanks with a simcom pump saver on it. all installed, plumbed and electrical with a 3 year warranty for $8900.
  8. BadDad

Don't give me more ideas! Lol Spoke with tiger tanks, the 1000 gallon pressure tank holds 600+ gallons of water and is $6,000.
  9. BadDad

So i'm still waiting on bids for my well setup. meanwhile i've been doing some reading and talking to neighbors. One of my neighbors has a HUGE 1000 gallon pressure tank, a 5000 gallon cistern and two booster pumps. very nice and clean setup. I kind of like it to be honest. Do you guys have any...
  10. BadDad

i kind of figured that. the one guy kept telling me about how great VFD systems are and how far they've come over time...
  11. BadDad

So i've decided to post on a local ag/horse group on FB and see if i can get any more recommendations. all of a sudden i got like 8 people's #'s that were not showing up on google search. called and spoke with all of them, they all came back with great bids, ranging from 7500~9k for a 5hp 40gpm...
  12. BadDad

ok, just got off the phone with them, they didnt quote me for a grundfoss... i'll have them come out and we'll discuss my needs and i'll have them give me a bid on exactly what i need. a grundfoss with a CSV and a 119g pressure tank.
  13. BadDad

i specified that i want the grundfoss 5hp 40gpm. i dont know what brand water tank, but i'll call them and get the details. if it seems too good to be true then i'll walk. i also told my well DRILLER to give me a new quote, they packed up today and i gave them the check for the balance of the...
  14. BadDad

i'm still not clear on how a csv and a small tank will serve me well... every time i turn on a faucet, take a shower, a sprinkler zone turns on, i water hose down the animals or tractor the pump will kick on. will the csv just not turn the pump on when i need the water?
  15. BadDad

I didnt ask for a VFD, it was what they suggested so i asked them to put a bid. but holy cow, thats up there.
  16. BadDad

I'm sure this will make you smile @valveman i got the bid back from the big pump company. $19,000 :-) i've got a few more bids coming my way.
  17. BadDad

I dont have the spec sheet on my sprinklers, but they are all on 1.5" pipe. i doubt i would ever run more than 10 sprinklers at a time. Ideally, i'd rather go with the bigger pump and have it run below its max capacity. Then if the need ever arises, say the sprinklers come on early and my wife...
  18. BadDad

yeah my son would have jumped in front of the pipe if I would have let him, lol. it was mid 50's and raining and he still wanted to be out there playing. I'm going to call all the pump companies again and ask for new bids. see if i can get them to give me a bid. I'll just ask for a pump and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks