Search results

1. prospectWellWater

Well water stops.......... then starts.

There was no valve... I just didn't remove the base of the old switch from the pipe. I had pressure the entire time the gauge was reading somewhere around 60-70 psi.
  2. prospectWellWater

Also, when I replaced the pressure switch I didn't replace the base that actually screws onto the pipe. It didn't seem to have any damage but if anyone knows more about them than I do and thinks I should also replace the base of the switch please let me know.
  3. prospectWellWater

I will definitely give this a shot the next time I'm physically there to work on it. I believe the pressure did stay constant for the hour it took for me to replace the pressure switch. I turned off the entire breaker box so the well pump was definitely off during that time.
  4. prospectWellWater

I would like to add it happened after 7 - 8 hours of no use at least two different mornings this past week.
  5. prospectWellWater

I'm not sure I understand how this will be helpful. Are you implying if the pressure does indeed drop there is a leak and if the pressure stays close to constant then there is no leak?
  6. prospectWellWater

Both of these suggestions are helpful thank you! I will definitely look into the clamp-around ammeter and keep the submersible pump in mind. We are in Virginia and get a fair amount of rainfall. When she was active enough to use her leaky in-ground pool she would add water to it on a normal...
  7. prospectWellWater

Hello. An elderly woman who I help has been having issues with her well water for at least the past three years (I've witnessed it). The problem has never been severe enough to fix until just recently. Initially the well water would completely stop during heavy usage (adding water to pool for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks