Search results

1. DYI13

I Give Up - Untreatable Water - Just About All Solutions Exhausted - High Iron

I am sorry, and I feel for you. I am not in the trade--just a homeowner having water issues (but not as bad as yours. Again, sorry.). There is a time when the local government entity needs to get involved. I would suggest calling your local government body and advocate for hooking into a...
  2. DYI13

Pitless fell in well, now submersible is stuck--how much trouble am I in?

Okay thank you. This has been an awful experience. I feel done with this.
  3. DYI13

Nothing good to report. Last week a company came out and with a camera, hook and crane tried to get that pitless piece out to no avail. They tried for 1 1/2 days. They wound up running a thinner pump next to the stuck pump. The new pump is sitting around 115 feet in the well so we are good...
  4. DYI13

We are letting the well man figure out what the hook should look like. I am hoping he feels like he has a lot invested in a successful fishing expedition, since his company created this situation. Thank you all, will post back if there is new information.
  5. DYI13

Hi--The OD of the stuck pitless part is 1 1/4. The well man is fashioning a hook and will try to fish it out eventually.
  6. DYI13

Thank you. $250 on eBay, the guy puts the camera together himself and others gave it good reviews so it was worth a shot. Yes, the pitless is stuck about 75 feet under water. We’re afraid to try to fish the pitless out ourselves in case everything gets stuck, so we’re trying to get the boss...
  7. DYI13

Thank you, will pass your questions along to the well person. Since the pitless is stuck 117 or so feet down, I thought it was below the casing. We have a camera now, and am trying to get the well company to give it a try.
  8. DYI13

Thank you. Will pass your suggestion to the well person and keep you posted.
  9. DYI13

I see what you are saying, but this is the orientation as per the person with the camera. We'll know for sure when we get our camera and take a look. Any advice or special fishing tools you recommend? Thank you very much!
  10. DYI13

I am sorry for the delay. Nothing much has happened, and I have not been getting notifications from this forum. The camera went dead before they could snap a picture. However, they sent us this mock up, attached. The pipe is wedged next to the casing, and the pitiless is wedged between the...
  11. DYI13

Can I ask how you suggest they do the fishing? Camera down the well to see the piece, put a cable down through old pipe with a specific type of hook? Any tips you can give are appreciated. We have a message in with the company who used the camera to find out exactly how the part is situated...
  12. DYI13

Thank you, we’ll try to get someone to try to hook it. Will update when I have news. Thanks so much.
  13. DYI13

I am sorry, I somehow missed your comment. The casing is 6 inches. The pump is 4 inches and the pipe is 1 inch. The pitless piece, says the guy with the camera, is 3 inches long. The guys did pull quite a bit trying to get the pipe to move; they certainly could have jammed it.
  14. DYI13

Hello, here with an update. A camera was put down the well and found the pitless wedged between a rock and the pipe, around 6 feet above the pump. It's stuck around 117 feet deep. The company is unwilling to take an "old school" approach by putting down a hook to see if they could dislodge...
  15. DYI13

Okay thank you. Getting a camera down there will be our next step. Thanks and will post back.
  16. DYI13

The pull pipe didn’t break. I think they were trying to pull the pitless half that’s on the outside of the well into the well so they could bring it up to the surface, and it slipped off. Pardon my ignorance as I am only looking at pitless drawings and putting it together with what he told me...
  17. DYI13

I don't know how it happened. The pipe and pump are being held up by the skinny "S" pipe which is attached to the new pitless. But the pipe is also stuck in the well. Please see my attached rough drawing (as I understand it). They do not have nor are not willing to run a camera. They would...
  18. DYI13

We had a well company come out to fix a leak in the pitless adapter inside our well. They recommended replacing it with a stainless steel one. When they tried to pull the old adapter into the well to lift it, it fell off and down the 150-foot well. It must have lodged itself between the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks