Search results

1. Dplang

Out with the Galv. and in with the PEX. How to run new PEX?

Correct. Meter to =>Existing brass threaded piece to =>Brass threaded/PEX adapter.
  2. Dplang

Interesting point about the meter connection (see picture above from prior post). I was told that the connection to the meter will go below the galvanized T, which will be removed. Is there a code or best practice that requires a different approach? Thanks for pointing that out and the water...
  3. Dplang

Attached is my design for the entire run with all connections. Does anyone see a mistake or issues that should be corrected?
  4. Dplang

Very helpful info. I've updated the drawing to reflect 1" PEX cold lines. Are there any other issues to consider? Will the 50 gal Kenmore water heater (7 years old) or any other fixture need any adjustments with a slightly larger ID and a higher flow?
  5. Dplang

I would have never thought of that because of what was already there. Is there an issue if the meter is 3/4" (see attached photo of meter)? Besides that, it would be easy to run 1" for some of the trunk. Are there any issues with the runs I proposed? I'd prefer proposal 2. Thanks!
  6. Dplang

I have a 1938 home with galvanized cold water lines running through the basement. After seeing the plumber do two bathrooms in PEX, I think I'd like to have the galvanized replaced in PEX. I would like advice on how to run the new PEX. Should I follow a similar path as the original run, or...